For those who were at the game....

fathom

What were your favorite crowd moments last nights? My top 5 were:

5. The "Paulie" chant after Thome's homer

4. The play at the plate

3. Thome's homer

2. Span grounding out in the 9th inning for the 2nd out

1. The double play in the 8th inning

The reaction after the double play was awesome. The whole park was like "oh s***, Jenks has a chance to close this out".

i said at the game that the double play was the most important play of that entire game. The crowd just went nuts. Absolutely perfect peg by cabrera.

I've never heard a stadium so loud when everyone saw brian had a bead on that ball and then the place erupting.

Also, who stayed after the game for the celebration? We were going to, but left after about a minute of celebration when things seemed to calm down on the field. It was so packed at the park last night. The bathroom situation on the concourse was crazy!

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)

4. The play at the plate

3. Thome's homer

The reaction after the double play was awesome. The whole park was like "oh s***, Jenks has a chance to close this out".

Wasn't at the game, but i'd go with all of the above......... :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)

4. The play at the plate

3. Thome's homer

All of the above for me too.

I'd add BA's catch to end the game too. :headbang

We only stuck around 15 minutes after the game was over (kids had school and I live 70 miles away) and I had no problem getting out of the parking lot.

9-30_e.jpg

I thought the "A-J, A-J, A-J" chant going on while Pierzynski was in the on-deck circle the inning after the play at the plate was cool. Each time Mauer and Morneau were put out by the Sox, the crowd went nuts. I can't ignore the epic amount of boos coming from the fans when Alexei was walked. Watching a player like Alexei (who doesn't appear physically intimidating in the least) draw the intentional walk was great. I can hardly believe how good he is. The guy was thought to be a project of sorts in spring training. Flash forward to late September and he is one of the most fearsome hitters in our lineup.

I ended up staying for probably almost 2 hours after the game both inside and outside the stadium. The celebration on the field was awesome, but the best part was about 10-15 minutes into it when the players came back out of the locker room onto the field. Nearly the whole team had champagne bottles and walked together to the outfield and sprayed the fans. F*cking awesome.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

The play of the game in my mind was the DP in the first. If you remember the fouls balls were hit hard up until that point. After that it seemed that Danks took it to another level.

From the outfield where I sit, Gomez ball didn't look like anything special. Konerko's was a can of corn but Griffey's double would have been well out of the park if he got it up. Griffey also had a wicked foul that was crushed.

I was in line for the can during the Cuddyear inning but that play was probably the biggest of the game.

Thome shot was sick.

The DP in 8th was huge as was the Anderson catch because it did not allow Mauer and Moreanu to bat. The Twins only sent 29 men to the plate. Remember when Jenks was better against lefties than righties. I wonder if that holds true.

Anywho I don't think Gomez hits Jenks last night so the Kubel pinch hit was not a bad move.

Gardenhire is a class act and I think Ozzeroo has something that gets his team especially pitchers to really rise to the occasion sans the wilting flower that is Vazquez.

I wasn't at the game but I wish I had a tape of myself of how I looked when that happened. The first two outs happened so quick and it dawned on me after the ground out we were probably going to win.

As we all know, sometimes the closer has it and sometimes he doesn't and the ninth can be an adventure. When we had the easy out it was such a highlight.

What happened at the park after out two was recorded??? Did people go nuts realizing we were gonna win?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)

4. The play at the plate

3. Thome's homer

I'm going to vote for the play at the plate, simply because of the odd circumstances surrounding my viewing of it. I had seats in left field and went to the bathroom during the previous inning. As you noted, the bathrooms were jammed. By the time I was done and walking back to my section, I knew that Cuddyer was on 3rd with 1 out. As I approached the section, I could see, from behind some big dudes (and I am not a tall guy), the ball rising into center. I saw it touch Griffey's glove and him wind up to throw. Then I lost sight of the play as people stood up, only to again pick up the play as AJ grabbed the ball and Cuddyer plowed into him. Then I couldn't see again.

But I heard the crowd reaction. Out.

Being typically cool-headed, I then basically lost my s***, screaming wildly, RUNNING down the steps to my row, high-fiving like 45 people on the way down.

It wasn't until I got home and saw the replay that I realized how shallow that ball really was. Though Griff made an excellent play, from my vantage point -- under, around and behind a bunch of people -- I thought he caught the ball much deeper.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
Also, who stayed after the game for the celebration? We were going to, but left after about a minute of celebration when things seemed to calm down on the field. It was so packed at the park last night. The bathroom situation on the concourse was crazy!

Oh yeah the right field concourse was rocking all night long. My buddies and I have our little spot by the beer stand and it was mobbed early

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:58 AM)
The Anderson catch for sure. It made it extra special that my only black jersey in Anderson, so it was on my back. I was getting huge pats on the back after the HR, and the walk down the ramps.

It was just an amazing game. Every pitch was so vital, the entire game. I felt worn out when the game was over.

I felt drained in the 4th inning yesterday. I got my second wind, and the adrenaline kept me going until I got home. After that, I felt like I had been in a boxing match. I woke up this morning thinking "was that a dream yesterday, it was just too damn perfect".

I loved how after we made the last out of the 8th... when Bobby's music hit... the place went nuts.

All I could think of was Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn in Major League. It is always fun to see Bobby come into the game, but last night gave me goose bumps.

Also loved seeing Carlos Gomez suck at the plate... man I hate that kid.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:46 AM)
I loved how after we made the last out of the 8th... when Bobby's music hit... the place went nuts.

All I could think of was Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn in Major League. It is always fun to see Bobby come into the game, but last night gave me goose bumps.

Also loved seeing Carlos Gomez suck at the plate... man I hate that kid.

Didn't the bottom of the 8th seem to last forever?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
This might be a dumb question by why were they chanting Paulie when Thome homered? Cause he was up next and might go back to back?

Yep Yep. It was after he crossed homeplate.

My favorite moment by far was the diving catch for the win. Everyone in my section jumped off the groud with a collective gasp then cheer. I've never seen the look of relief on so many faces in my life. Relief not from making the catch, but from making the playoffs after so many mixed emotions during the season. It was the first time in a long time we could all enjoy the win without leering apprehension.

Also the 30 seconds of Journey after the game gave me chills remembering '05. Too bad it was cut short by Thome's ode to the fans.

QUOTE (SmashROT @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
Yep Yep. It was after he crossed homeplate.

My favorite moment by far was the diving catch for the win. Everyone in my section jumped off the groud with a collective gasp then cheer. I've never seen the look of relief on so many faces in my life. Relief not from making the catch, but from making the playoffs after so many mixed emotions during the season. It was the first time in a long time we could all enjoy the win without leering apprehension.

Also the 30 seconds of Journey after the game gave me chills remembering '05. Too bad it was cut short by Thome's ode to the fans.

it was a shame it was cut short. EVERYONE was singing it. it was amazing.

Thanks for you all telling us what it was like at the game. But what happened after out No. 2? Were people already hugging and kissing knowing out No. 3 was comin? For me watching the game, out No. 2 was huge. It came so fast.

My personal favorite moments from the game...

1. The play at the plate.

2. Mauer bunting in the eighth

3. Ozzie leaving Danks in after a running reached in the eighth, and then getting the DP

4. The line out DP in the first

5. The Anderson catch to end it

6. The Thome HR

7. Singing Steam with 40,000 of my closest friends after Blackburn was lifted

8. Gardenhire using Kubel as the tying run, instead of bunting Gomez, and making Jenks get off of the mound and field the ball

9. Jenks lighting up the gun and the crowd in the 9th

10. The players standing at attention for the national anthem, even the guys from other countries

But all time greatest moment from that game was absolutely getting the champagne sprays from Juan Uribe and Jim Thome :lol:

My favorite moment...the guy behind me screaming out "That was a Hot Carl Banana!" when a Twin's player struck out in the 7th inning. Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea, but i'm going to be using it the rest of this postseason, lol.

My real top six:

6. The JR/AJ double play (this is really when my section starting going nuts)

5. Thome's homer

4. The double play in the top of the 8th

3. Kubel's 9th inning strikeout

2. Span's groundout

1. Brian's game ending catch

Basically, section 100 got louder, crazier, and jumpier (i know it's not a real word) a bit more as each one of those situations played out. I nearly fell over the seats twice when Brian made the final out just from being so hyped, high-fiving, and celebrating with my friends and the fans in my section. And i didn't even have an ounce of beer, so it was just plain excitement.