VP Debate Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Wow she puts that accent on real thick when shes on the defensive.

That may work in Alaska, but to a national audience its going to play poorly.

ohhh good catch. When she really tries to connect, the accent gets thick. When she talks policy, it goes away.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Steff,

Didnt you read your Alaskan history book, the Vietnam "conflict" was a roaring success. No soldiers were lost and Vietnam is a thriving democracy...

I'm sorry I passed over that book. Shooting moose from helicopters doesn't interest me much. :lolhitting

FYI: On that Afghanistan Guy-

Didn't Palin just get the name wrong of our Army commander in Afghanistan. His name is David D. McKiernan. Who's the McClellan she was talking about? She pretty clearly misstated what he said, but she seems not even to know who he is. And here's the article with the General saying what Biden said he said, that a surge type strategy wouldn't work.

Athomeboy,

McClellan was a Civil War General.

Thats how I caught it because I know much more about US history than I do about current US foreign policy.

She probably got it confused because shes been spending so much time with all those teachers in her life.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
OMG! Palin didnt say the VP was part of the executive branch. I learned that in GRADE SCHOOL!!!!! She said it's a "flexible" position.

She agrees with Cheney!

Biden just schooled Cheney on what the constitution says about the VP.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Athomeboy,

McClellan was a Civil War General.

Thats how I caught it because I know much more about US history than I do about current US foreign policy.

She probably got it confused because shes been spending so much time with all those teachers in her life.

I have a feeling he whiffed on the name too, but was smart enough not to venture a guess.

Biden had no clue the name.

But the golden rule in argument is its better to leave something out, than to insert something in that you are 100% sure is right.

Even if you make the greatest argument in the world, if you say something stupid it makes it seem like you dont have a clue.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
And Biden drops the hammer. His best moment of the night.

Palin / Cheney on the VP spot is frankly SCARY!

For the love of God, I leared in GRADE SCHOOL he's in the executive branch. I have NEVER heard otherwise until Cheney declared himself a 4th branch and now Palin agrees.

Clearly she doesnt know what the VP does.