Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some seriously retarded posts in this game thread. Dont let your frustration get in the way of your judgement. The Rays are great at home in the dome, we would have been lucky to get one of these games then take on the road where they are bad and we are good.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:54 AM)
Kenny is going to have to find a defensive minded catcher in the off-season who can come in late in games for A.J., a Henry Blanco type.

Agreed. We don't need offense from our backup catcher, but we do need someone, who during a base hit in the late innings, can prevent that from becoming a triple. Paul Konerko could steal on us. Albert Belles degenerative hip could steal on us.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
5-2.

Making the playoffs this year was awesome. Next year we'll have a healthy TCQ, so who knows.

Not just making the playoffs! Making the Twinkies eat s*** doing it....Had the Sox just made the playoffs, I wouldn't be satisfied. Making the Twinkies suffer makes me satisfied.

Honestly, this team is fairly poor without Quentin & Crede. That's an enormous amount of missing production. Can't really expect the late-season Sox to compete with a 97-win team like the Rays.

The good news is that the Sox won't have to put Vazquez out there next year.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Im watching the damn game...and the curve to Swisher was a strike. If you have some extenstential view of it that gives you a better view than I then Id love to see it, but the pitch to Swisher was STRIKE 3...

?= kwolf68>The Umpires> fans with the cowbells

figure that one out. I don't feel like getting suspended from here.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
We need to solidify the bullpen for next year and get another quality starter.

Didn't we already spend a zillion dollars to do #1 this year?

Total agreement with #2 in your comment. Maybe we can obtain JP Howell.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
LMAO. Yea, sure. The pitch was in the center of the plate when it hit the glove...Mr. Howell doesn't have that kinda break, but keep on believing it's a fixed game. This teams hitters screwed the poooch...blame blue all night long, but it doesn't change the fact we got taken again.

TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT KWOLF. Just because our hitters didn't do their jobs doesn't mean the UMP can speed up the game to go jack off to pictures of evan longoria.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Ugh...Ozzie's decision to leave Buehrle in for this inning was just pathetic.

Well, bringing in Thornton to face the likes of Upton and Longoria doesn't make much sense either.

If I was Ozzie, I would have more confidence in Buerhle than anyone in our crappy bullpen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
Agreed. We don't need offense from our backup catcher, but we do need someone, who during a base hit in the late innings, can prevent that from becoming a triple. Paul Konerko could steal on us. Albert Belles degenerative hip could steal on us.

Eddie Brinkman could steal on us.

Forgive me father for that one.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
Not just making the playoffs! Making the Twinkies eat s*** doing it....Had the Sox just made the playoffs, I wouldn't be satisfied. Making the Twinkies suffer makes me satisfied.

Honestly, this team is fairly poor without Quentin & Crede. That's an enormous amount of missing production. Can't really expect the late-season Sox to compete with a 97-win team like the Rays.

The good news is that the Sox won't have to put Vazquez out there next year.

Great post!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
Some seriously retarded posts in this game thread. Dont let your frustration get in the way of your judgement. The Rays are great at home in the dome, we would have been lucky to get one of these games then take on the road where they are bad and we are good.

Did you watch Kazmir pitch. How many runs do you think we should of scored on him with the way he threw the ball today.