Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Fire sale after we get eliminated,anyone else notice that every team in the AL playoffs can manufacture runs because they have speed?Angels,Red Sox and Rays...all the other team aren't swinging for the fences all the time,they can score without home runs unlike us.Just remember 2005,it was our pitching,defense and ability to produce runs with out always depending on the long ball,we did hit a lot of homers in 05 but unlike this year and lest you forget,last year we couldn't score without home runs...f*** you Williams,tear this team up.

so much for 'playing with the houses money' comment you made last night, huh?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
Fire sale after we get eliminated,anyone else notice that every team in the AL playoffs can manufacture runs because they have speed?Angels,Red Sox and Rays...all the other team aren't swinging for the fences all the time,they can score without home runs unlike us.Just remember 2005,it was our pitching,defense and ability to produce runs with out always depending on the long ball,we did hit a lot of homers in 05 but unlike this year and lest you forget,last year we couldn't score without home runs...f*** you Williams,tear this team up.

No offense, but this is a terrible post. We didn't have a fire sale after having the 8th worst record in baseball in 2007.

f*** you Williams,tear this team up.

Bless you KW, just find a way to keep us in the hunt for a division title and get us the pieces to make us more competitive outside of the Cell.

I'm surprised we're not getting all the calls; you'd think baseball would want Chicago to advance over a small market florida team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
4+ in the first and second. We've left so many on. This game was the Sox for the taking.

Pretty much...hard to blame the pitching all the time when they get s*** run support.

and btw... f*** C.B. Bucknor!

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
Somehow this team has to NOT lead the league in homeruns next year.

KW already said that he is going to build this around the home run because of the park. You might see a player change, but the hacker philosopy will always be here until he isnt, or he figures it out.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
We have no agreed on much tonight, but AMEN to this. Screw these assholes...they just started showing up 3 weeks ago.

You said it right BANDWAGON.

And the cowbells are .... LAME.

yeah, I think we are just pissed off. hopefully next week everyone on soxtalk loves each other again ( obvioulsy meaning we won 3 straight)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
What's with the hatred to Rays fans? Would you respect them more if they stayed home?

I'd respect them more if the people who didn't know they had a team stayed home yes. And f*** any fans that have to manufacture noise because they have never had anything to clap for in their life.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
KW already said that he is going to build this around the home run because of the park. You might see a player change, but the hacker philosopy will always be here until he isnt, or he figures it out.

So the formula he used when his team won it all wasn't good enough?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
What's with the hatred to Rays fans? Would you respect them more if they stayed home?

no, the ones who went to the games when the rays were getting pounded have my respect, the ones who just started showing up a month ago are the jags, acting like they have some kind of loyalty to the team.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)

I dont understand it either. I remember watching Sox games before 2005 and seeing empty seats all over the place.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
I'd respect them more if the people who didn't know they had a team stayed home yes. And f*** any fans that have to manufacture noise because they have never had anything to clap for in their life.

Oh GMAB. You guys are complaining about the dumbest things now.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)

Fire sale? We should have won 78 games this year, but instead, we won 89. We have to keep Dye, Konerko, Swisher (well, we don't HAVE to, but we will), Alexei, Danks, Buehrle, Jenks, Thornton, Linebrink, Carrasco, Quentin, and AJ, and then a few more guys I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

Unfortunately, Thome has that dopey clause in his contract.

I think we should bring in Uribe, trade for a 3B (Mora, Beltre, etc.), hopefully Q stays healthy for a season, get Brian Roberts, and trade for/sign a CF'er. I wish we could get a guy like Manny to DH, but again, we have Thome, and KW would never want Manny (along with many on this board). And, if we do trade Thome and don't want Manny, get someone to play RF and DH Dye.