Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
Fathom- you're the best at making trades that look dumb, yet upon further review they actually make sense.

So- make up a potential trade partner for PK and what we could get back, would ya?

Remember this about Lincecum...the Giants were close to trading him for Rios. If they sign C.C., they might be willing to trade him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
It was a legit post. Absolutely no reason for you to post this.

Really? I've see "trade Quentin, sign manny, trade thome" None, 0, nun of those are even remotely possible. You really want manny on this team? Nobody is going to take Thome unless we pay his entire salary. And I wont even respond to trading a 26 year old MVP. Stupidity, turn the game off, we won the AL central with 3/4ths of a team. There will be no fire sale. Stop posting, calm the hell down, take a breath and grab a beer.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Cust broke a record for strike outs in the AL.

I don't really want him on the team.

Did Thome almost break the record?

All I'm saying is that Cust is like 10 years younger or so and that's something he can improve on. Thome's K's will continue to rise due to his bat getting slower, he still can't hit a LHP, and he just isn't a good hitter. All of those things, however, Cust could improve on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Remember this about Lincecum...the Giants were close to trading him for Rios. If they sign C.C., they might be willing to trade him.

Tim Lincecum will NEVER be available, EVER, at least not until he's a FA or washed up. YOU DONT trade pitchers like that, your build around them.

I'm down but not mad.

We all knew deep down after the 4th inning we werent going to score unless it was a home run.

I really think if we win game 3 then there will be a 5th game.

Seems like we really blew our load to get here(ie Yanks vs Marlins WS). Hopefully a win at home can get this team going again.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
We're back to one of those win 3 straight or die things.

Lets do it. We have one game left to live and Im not going to be negative about it. OH SURE, there are MAJOR changes I want made, but now isnt the time to discuss them, we need Danks to go battle Sunday.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:14 AM)
Really? I've see "trade Quentin, sign manny, trade thome" None, 0, nun of those are even remotely possible. You really want manny on this team? Nobody is going to take Thome unless we pay his entire salary. And I wont even respond to trading a 26 year old MVP. Stupidity, turn the game off, we won the AL central with 3/4ths of a team. There will be no fire sale. Stop posting, calm the hell down, take a breath and grab a beer.

If you would have read the earlier posts, everyone but one person was saying there shouldn't be a fire sale. And yes, I would trade Quentin for Lincecum. Lincecum is one of the best young pitchers this decade, and Quentin just can't seem to avoid the injury bug. I'm Quentin's biggest fan (hell, I want to name my first kid Quentin), but yes, I would take Manny in LF if it meant adding Lincecum.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
The Sox manufactured 70 fewer runs in 2005 than they did in 2008.

The pitching - especially the bullpen - is the biggest difference. Not the structure of the offense.

200 Home Runs in 2005

119 solos - 119 runs

50 2 run shots - 100 runs

29 3 run shots - 87 runs

2 grand slams - 8 runs

Total of 314 runs by the home run / 741 runs = 42.4% of runs

427 "other" runs manufactured.

235 Home Runs in 2008

133 solos - 133 runs

66 2 run shots - 132 runs

24 3 run shots - 72 runs

12 grand slams - 48 runs

Total of 385 runs by the home run / 811 runs = 47.5% of runs

426 "other" runs manufactured.

The 2008 White Sox "manufactured" one fewer run than the 2005 White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
The Giants like Matt Cain more than Lincecum.

Then they are stupid. Lincecum is special. If we can get him in Chicago, we DO IT...there isn't a player (not pitcher) on this entire team I would not trade for him.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:17 AM)
Bucknor gave them a pitch. They gave us a baserunner.

It's what these things lead to. That's the point. They create new opportunities that shouldn't be there.