Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
I work for the Montgomery Biscuits. So i know a lot of the guys for Tampa. David Price, Longoria, Perez, etc... David Price is one of the nicest guys ive ever met, i can only wish him the best.

I will root for the Rays if we get eliminated, but i can NEVER go against my sox!

I was actually able to talk to Loaiza this year too which was super cool. Bobby also had a rehab here.

Nice. I lived in Montgomery one year (97-98) before they got the Biscuits. Would have loved it if they had a farm team then, although it is as hot as blazes in Montgomery in the summer. Never did drive up to see the Barons.

Use to drink at the Fox and Hounds (?) and Sinclair's [edit] and at the Marina.

Edited by BlackBetsy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
who names a team the Biscuits...

A team who was #1 in the minors in merchandise sales for 3 straight years :)

We wanted a name that was unique, our owner also owns the Lansing Lugnuts.

Sinclairs is still there but fox and the hound closed. The players and staff drink at Buds which is right accross the street from Sinclairs. Price likes the clubs though lol

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
A team who was #1 in the minors in merchandise sales for 3 straight years :)

We wanted a name that was unique, our owner also owns the Lansing Lugnuts.

Sinclairs is still there but fox and the hound closed. The players and staff drink at Buds which is right accross the street from Sinclairs. Price likes the clubs though lol

If I recall correctly, Bud's is a total dive with cheap beers? I remember going in that place once...was enough for me.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
If I recall correctly, Bud's is a total dive with cheap beers? I remember going in that place once...was enough for me.

Its diffrent now. Its packed every night, with exspensive beers lol. Its really nice hd tv's, new bar, etc...

Lineup tonight:

Cabrera ss

Swisher lf

Dye rf

Konerko 1b

Thome dh

Ramirez 2b

Pierzynski c

Uribe 2b

Anderson cf

I guess with Kazmir, you need the righties although Swish sucks a righty. Hopefully his patience at the plate gives us a couple walks. DYE/Konerko hit Kazmir hard.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
better than Thome's 0-13 with 5K's against Kazmir. "THOME don't like it.... ROCK the Kazmir, ROCK the Kazmir!"

due? :unsure:

BA is 0 for 6 with 5 K's against Kazmir...and he's hitting.

Thome 0 for 13

Swish 3 for 21

OC 2 for 14...0 fer last 10

AJ 1 for 6

I'd be shocked if the Sox scored 3 runs off of Kazmir. Better make him throw a lot of pitches and hope you can score off the bullpen.

The biggest problem is that the Sox don't have many good fastball hitters. It's PK and OC (most of the time) and Ramirez and that's it.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
Lineup tonight:

Cabrera ss

Swisher lf

Dye rf

Konerko 1b

Thome dh

Ramirez 2b

Pierzynski c

Uribe 2b

Anderson cf

I guess with Kazmir, you need the righties although Swish sucks a righty. Hopefully his patience at the plate gives us a couple walks. DYE/Konerko hit Kazmir hard.

I like it.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
Lineup tonight:

Cabrera ss

Swisher lf

Dye rf

Konerko 1b

Thome dh

Ramirez 2b

Pierzynski c

Uribe 2b

Anderson cf

WTF Ozzie no 3rd baseman? :lolhitting