Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense and I wish him the best today but Swish sucks.

Thanks, OC, for making sure the Rays fans will be fired up out of their minds when you come to the plate in the first inning today. Stupid stupid move by OC yesterday. They are gonna want blood all game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
It's interesting. I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was on Monday and Tuesday. It's not even close.

well, maybe that's just because we know we'll have at least one more game.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
It's interesting. I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was on Monday and Tuesday. It's not even close.

You're preaching to the choir on this. I'm just happy that we never have to hear about how this team choked away the AL Central lead in the last week. By the time the debate and the Cubs game was over last night (as well as fathom becoming an uncle!), I had almost forgot about the 6-4 loss.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
I just can't get over Swisher over Wise and Thome over Griffey DHing.

I think with Kazmir's wildness of late might be the reason Thome is in there, but I can't fathom why Swisher is in there.

lets all bash Swisher like crazy. worked for Wise yesterday.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)

I think with Kazmir's wildness of late might be the reason Thome is in there, but I can't fathom why Swisher is in there.

D. Wise is horrific against LHP. It's pretty simple.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)

So the wildness means Thome is in for walks......does swisher not walk more than Wise?

I was assuming that 3 run homer bought Wise a starting job for the rest of the series, thank god it did not. Get em Swish.

was assuming that 3 run homer bought Wise a starting job for the rest of the series, thank god it did not. Get em Swish.

I simply cannot figure the manlove for Swish. Wise should have been the hero yesterday. It aint easy to hit a two strike, three run home run on the road in the dome. Had Javy not pitched like a BP pitcher and other Sox decided to stroke some clutch hits, Wise would have been hero of Game One. I hope Swish gets three hits today but he's just as apt to whiff every time up. I applaud Oz for playing him just because of the lefty thing; Wise probably woulda been overmatched. But the manlove for Swish baffles me. Wise gets three of our four RBIs yesterday; everybody but Wise s*** their pants. Paulie's homer was great but too late to mean anything.