Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
Even with Sabean at the helm, there's no way the Giants trade Lincecum.

Agree...that epic proprotions idiotic. I dont know if there was a pitcher better than him this year and he's only what...21, 22 years old? He's filthfy

I think some of you guys forget how HOT we got in 05. I remember thinking during the playoffs with the offense "who is this team" We were hitting opposite field hits, opportunistic as hell, it was fun. BUt it's not like we were constantly like that all year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
It's what these things lead to. That's the point. They create new opportunities that shouldn't be there.

And what was the non-call at first base?

The non-strike just gave Iwomarua a more favorable count. Mark Buerhle still had to throw the meatball that could be hit out.

Edited by Sox It To Em

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
They drew about 13,000 on August 27th...pathetic.

I know it...

which shows they dont know baseball down there. Everyone knew they'd at least be decent with some of the young talent they have.

Florida is arguably the worst sports state in America...even the Miami Dolphins (with all their tradition) were unable to sellout a playoff game v. KC in the early 1990s, a game I think Joe Montana may have QB'd...Florida sucks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:20 AM)
I think some of you guys forget how HOT we got in 05. I remember thinking during the playoffs with the offense "who is this team" We were hitting opposite field hits, opportunistic as hell, it was fun. BUt it's not like we were constantly like that all year.

That team was also better than everyone else in the playoffs. This year, I don't know if there's a single team we're better than (without Quentin/Crede/Contreras).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
His September arguably got us into the playoffs, single handedly. Are you a moron?

What he said.

Of all the players I won't toss under the bus, one is Paul Konerko...without him we dont have a 2005 flag. And I'll support him without condition until he is no longer a member of our team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:22 AM)
That team was also better than everyone else in the playoffs. This year, I don't know if there's a single team we're better than (without Quentin/Crede/Contreras).

Take Dye/crede/contreras off of 05 and the same s***.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
What he said.

Of all the players I won't toss under the bus, one is Paul Konerko...without him we dont have a 2005 flag. And I'll support him without condition until he is no longer a member of our team.

Buehrle and Konerko are my 2 favorite Sox players of all time...no surprise they were awesome in 2005 and down the stretch this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Did Thome almost break the record?

All I'm saying is that Cust is like 10 years younger or so and that's something he can improve on. Thome's K's will continue to rise due to his bat getting slower, he still can't hit a LHP, and he just isn't a good hitter. All of those things, however, Cust could improve on.

Thome "just isn't a good hitter?" On whose authority? Yours? Please. He got us into the playoffs. He still put up an .865 OPS at the age of 37. He gets on base a ton and more than half his hits were extra base hits. You probably want to come up with some actual legitimate evidence before you post.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:24 AM)
Are we really ripping on the rays for their attendance. How very cublike of you.

I don't really give a s***, obviously they come for the playoffs. But those cowbells are stupid as hell. Use your hands and mouth like the rest of us.

I have a great Idea brooks, "Air Horn" day, we pass out air horns to the first 40,000 in attendence!

QUOTE (almagest @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Thome "just isn't a good hitter?" On whose authority? Yours? Please. He got us into the playoffs. He still put up an .865 OPS at the age of 37. He gets on base a ton and more than half his hits were extra base hits. You probably want to come up with some actual legitimate evidence before you post.

Yeah, that's all he does. He hit what, .245? I never said he doesn't get on base for us- that would be the reason I'd want to keep him actually, if his AVG wasn't so bad. So yeah, he isn't a good hitter. Probably 75% of Adam Dunn's hits were extra base hits, does that make him a good hitter? Don't think so.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:25 AM)
thing I'd be worried about with Lincecum is him breaking down. Guys with his frame that throw that hard usually have problems at some point. But he is young so maybe he'll fill out some.

that ESPN article on him had me believin though.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
Yeah, that's all he does. He hit what, .245? I never said he doesn't get on base for us- that would be the reason I'd want to keep him actually, if his AVG wasn't so bad. So yeah, he isn't a good hitter. Probably 75% of Adam Dunn's hits were extra base hits, does that make him a good hitter? Don't think so.

Ryan howard hit .230...does that make him a good hitter. I don't think so.

oh wait.

Watching Tampa and Minnesota play against us make me realize how bad this team needs alittle bit of speed. Granite we have a homerun hitting ballpark, but to succeed in the post season, it is almost impossible to win with out it, esspecially on the road. I think the 2005 team had a perfect blend of power and speed. I have no doubt in my mind that we cant win games 3 and 4. But i have no doubt in my mind we'll lose game 5 if it comes to that.

Orland Hudson would be a perfect 2 hole hitter. But this team really needs a true leadoff hitter. A guy who can steal 50-60 bases and a decent OBP.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)

Adam Dunn is an excellent hitter.