• Joe Biden
    • Sarah Palin
    • Nobody
    • People watching the Cubs/Dodgers game

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slow start, but Biden hammered her hard after about 30 minutes and get the win. I call it 60-40.

She held her own only on the fact she tried her best to be "down to earth... you betch ya".

Anderson Cooper said on CNN that she may have helped her base, but only time will tell on independents.

But as a whole, this isnt a game changer. She wont draw the independents.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I wish they would have covered Roe vs Wade, but with all other stuff going on right now I see why they didn't.

Palin just goes in circles with answers and in the end you don't know what she is talking about.

Edited by GoSox05

Roe v Wade is irrelevant basically, its a scare tactic used on Democrats and call to arms for Republicans.

Even if Roe v. Wade were to be over turned it would only mean that it reverted back to individual states being able to make abortion illegal. It is unlikely that every state would ban abortion, therefore it would be nothing more than a hollow victory. I sincerely doubt that Illinois would make abortions illegal.

Oh and I think most Supreme Court Justices understand stare decisis and will defer to the judges who came before them.

I think Biden won, and Palin just really didnt even participate. She just answered what she wanted to answer and really didnt engage in a back and forth debate that I would of liked to see. It was not really her fault at all because how can you expect some one who has been in this for a few months compete with some one who has been doing this for decades. To compound the problem its not like she was a star speaker to begin with.

At the end of the day I think it gives people options to be convinced towards both sides depending on what you are looking for. For me I just dont really like Palin in terms of national/international ability, she may be a great state governor, she just happens to live in a state that does not border any other American state, so im really not sure what her America is like, or how it compares to the rest of America.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
Roe v Wade is irrelevant basically, its a scare tactic used on Democrats and call to arms for Republicans.

Even if Roe v. Wade were to be over turned it would only mean that it reverted back to individual states being able to make abortion illegal. It is unlikely that every state would ban abortion, therefore it would be nothing more than a hollow victory. I sincerely doubt that Illinois would make abortions illegal.

At that moment, yes. You're right. However...if Roe V. Wade were overturned...there is nothing except the presence of a Democratic Congress stopping Congress from choosing to ban that practice nationally the moment that the case is overturned. If Bush had 1 extra justice and the case was overturned in 2005/2006, then the Republicans easily could have banned it entirely for the full nation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:46 AM)
At that moment, yes. You're right. However...if Roe V. Wade were overturned...there is nothing except the presence of a Democratic Congress stopping Congress from choosing to ban that practice nationally the moment that the case is overturned. If Bush had 1 extra justice and the case was overturned in 2005/2006, then the Republicans easily could have banned it entirely for the full nation.

would have died in the Senate without R-60

Palin didn't embarass herself like in the Couric interview, although that's about as low a standard as you can possibly get. She showed herself to not be a complete moron, but it's clear her depth of knowledge is very, very limited, and she was recycling talking points as fast as she could. Eventually, she ran out of things to say.

I only saw the latter half, but Biden was clearly stronger. I've heard Palin was better early on, but based on what I saw, I can't imagine even the most diehard McCain supporter being proud of how she did. I was far more impressed with her convention performance than by what I saw tonite.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
not by enough to have changed people from one side or the other.

Another part of the CBS poll I reference earlier said that 18% of those polled say they will now vote for Obama, 10% for McCain, and 71% were unsure. (there is a missing 1% in there in the decimals)

So, I agree with you.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:57 AM)
I would say that Joe won, but not by enough to have changed people from one side or the other.

And the moderator? If anything she was being soft on Palin, Palin rarely answered the question given, Lehrer would've tried to veer her to the topic, not relate everything to energy and maverick.

No way is congress going to pass a law like that.

Some Republicans come from states that are pretty Democratic, they arent going to end their political career.

There also may be some other ways, things like using a state constitution against a federal law, but im not really 100% sure how that works so I dont want to say something thats wrong lol.

I only wish it was Clinton/Biden v. McCain/Palin....

then each side would have an overly assertive female running with a geriatric white guy.

That way the "Granpa McCain tell us a story" and "Go back to the kitchen" comments would be flying both ways...instead of only from the democrats toward the republicans.

Quite honestly, the biggest reason I might vote for John McCain (and I have been seriously considering obama) is the fact that I don't want to vote the same way as so many assholes seem to want to vote.