2005 White Sox DVD

HuskyCaucasian

Back in 2005, I never bought the DVD set of the World Series. I have all 4 games on VHS with the intent of burning them to DVD some day, but I'd much rather have the clean DVDs. I just pulled up the DVD set on Amazon and it's on sale for 38.99. I thought about adding it to my Christmas List.

51TX519A5VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

So, do any of you own it? If so, is it worth it?

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
yeah i got it for like 60 bucks, its well worth it!

Very good price on that set. The games are shown in widescreen format on the dvd's (black bars on top and bottom) but the quality is pretty damn good, and a very nice looking boxset for the dvd collection. I wish they had this set in Blu Ray lol

I bought it even though I have the endings of Games 2 and 4 (which I still watch fairly often) saved on Tivo. I think its cool to have, but if you have the single disc MLB World Series DVD and/or the locally produced team highlight DVD narrated by Hawk, this one might be kind of overkill. I've had the set for a couple years now, and the only game I've watched from start to finish is the marathon Game 3. Also, if you find Buck and McCarver tough to deal with, you might want to pass.

To add to what another poster said, the DVDs are "non-anamorphic widescreen," so they will show up on your set with black "letterbox" bars even if you have a 16 X 9 rectangular set (unless you blow up the picture to fill the screen, which imo looks like crap). If that kind of thing's important to you, or if you've gotten used to watching games in HD, that could be a deal breaker, but they will still look better than on VHS tapes.

Also, you can save a few bucks here. They have it for $34.98 with free shipping.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.ht...ategoryId=65456

If you shop around on the 'net, you can probably do even better.

I think deepdiscount has it even cheaper.

But seriously, you don't own it and you're questioning if you should buy it for a price less than a single game ticket?

Jeez. I'd pay $500 (if that was MSRP) on the spot for a DVD set if the Sox win the 2008 World Series...but it'd have to be blu-ray too.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Back in 2005, I never bought the DVD set of the World Series. I have all 4 games on VHS with the intent of burning them to DVD some day, but I'd much rather have the clean DVDs. I just pulled up the DVD set on Amazon and it's on sale for 38.99. I thought about adding it to my Christmas List.

51TX519A5VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

So, do any of you own it? If so, is it worth it?

I bought it last year and love it.

My dad received two copies for Christmas last year and I ended up with one of them.

It's great, but what really chaps my ass is that Boston and the Yankees get all of their playoff games on their commemorative DVD sets and we only get the DS/CS clinchers and each of the WS games. What gives?

Since I didn't have cable and had to miss a lot of the games because I was working my restaurant job at the time, I was really hoping to have DVDs of all the games. The ones I am missing are ALDS games 1-2 and ALCS games 1-4.

Anyone have these? Shipping and blank media paid for, of course.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE (Drew @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:26 AM)
My dad received two copies for Christmas last year and I ended up with one of them.

It's great, but what really chaps my ass is that Boston and the Yankees get all of their playoff games on their commemorative DVD sets and we only get the DS/CS clinchers and each of the WS games. What gives?

Since I didn't have cable and had to miss a lot of the games because I was working my restaurant job at the time, I was really hoping to have DVDs of all the games. The ones I am missing are ALDS games 1-2 and ALCS games 1-4.

Anyone have these? Shipping and blank media paid for, of course.

I don't have these, but would be interested as well if anyone is looking to help out!