Sox batters against Sonnanstine

caulfield12

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp...=4&sort=avg

Wonder if they'll think about playing Anderson...? I doubt it. Well, you can't say enough about how big Dwayne Wise and Griffey have been in the final weeks, in different ways. Wise did something Sox hitters almost never do...which is take a pitch where it's thrown and go with it.

Something else...give all the credit to Guillen for sticking with Wise and having faith in him. It has been paid off in spades.

Great that Gavin gets a start in the playoffs, don't know how the six days off will affect him.

I'm not ready to believe we can win a game in that dome, but it would be very exciting to give Buehrle a second chance with all the pressure in the world on the Rays not to choke.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
He shut us out in TB, as we know, but didn't we knock him around pretty well at home that Sunday afternoon?

Beat us at home twice, he threw a 3-hit shutout earlier in the season.

On August 24th, he took the loss, giving up 4 ER and 9 hits in 6 1/3 IP in a game that we ended up winning 6-5. So we know that we can beat him, especially in Comiskey. And our most recent memory against him is a positive one.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
That was his only quality start against us in 3 starts this year. I nthe game at the Cell he gave up 4 ER in 6.1 IP.

His other win was 5 2/3 and 3 ER, so as close as you can come to a QS.

By the way, it sure would be nice to bring back Bradford and have him in our pen again. Amazing that it was 8 years ago he was a surprise roster addition against the Mariners in the playoffs.

Actually, I can't believe he's been in the playoffs 7 times already with five different teams. Some guys can't ever get there, he can't seem to miss them.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
we just got to learn to hit together, in strands, and not get a hit or a walk and shut down, if we can do this then our offensive woes will go away!

So essentially you are saying that you have to get hits and walks to score runs and that if you don't you don't score runs.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
So essentially you are saying that you have to get hits and walks to score runs and that if you don't you don't score runs.

I think he meant "string," unless he's referring to the double helix and RNA/DNA strands.

It has seemed like every ball we've hit this series, we've never once gone from 1st to 3rd or from 2nd to home. Maybe it happened once. Part of this is a function of the ball getting to the outfielders so quickly on turf...the other reason that we're really slow, except for Cabrera, Wise, Ramirez and Uribe (so-so).

Well homers are nice to.. but we dont seem to have many of them this series (i believe only 2 - in the first game)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
I think he meant "string," unless he's referring to the double helix and RNA/DNA strands.

It has seemed like every ball we've hit this series, we've never once gone from 1st to 3rd or from 2nd to home. Maybe it happened once. Part of this is a function of the ball getting to the outfielders so quickly on turf...the other reason that we're really slow, except for Cabrera, Wise, Ramirez and Uribe (so-so).

Or the string theory of physics, where all matter consists of strings as opposed to particles.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:15 AM)
Or the string theory of physics, where all matter consists of strings as opposed to particles.

Actually these days I think they've added an additional dimension or two to those super-strings, and they've now become something like 12-dimensional membranes. "M-theory" is the current term.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 01:06 AM)
By the way, it sure would be nice to bring back Bradford and have him in our pen again. Amazing that it was 8 years ago he was a surprise roster addition against the Mariners in the playoffs.

I can't believe Bradford cleared waivers. KW fell asleep on that one.