This ball season... is OVA!!!!!

Steve9347

Can't really complain, we go from 72-90 to 89-74, win a one game playoff, and hold on to win the AL Central without the surprise that is THE Carlos Quentin.

We add a young future stud 2B in Gordon Beckham, another (Jordan) Danks, and find out we have two very solid SPs in John Danks and Gavin Floyd.

We get to see one of the best hitters of all time play for the White Sox (and make the final out of the season), and we do get to look forward to the development of Carlos Quentin into one of the game's best power hitters, as well as Alexei Ramirez.

I'm not complaining tonight. It's sad, but it happens. The Sox provided MANY entertaining moments down the stretch.

Let's go White Sox... 2009!

Congrats 08 white sox, brought about a great young core i look forward to watching for a long time. took the season with a chip on your shoulder and made it to the postseason and didn't got 3 and out, 2009 starts right now.

Congrats '08 Rays ive been a fan for a while now looks as if your ship has come in

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Exactly, how can you complain? We lost to a better team, but I guarantee KW has us in position to win this division next year once again.

They should be a better team...they've had the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft that last 10-12 goddamn years. Not taking anything away from them. Just wish we would have had a better offensive showing.

I look at it this way. They didn't get swept. The lost to a better Rays team. There were several great surprises this year. Danks, Floyd, Ramirez, Quentin. The OC experiment failed. Oh well. Rid of him, add some speed, lose a few dinosaurs and this team is making another run next year.

Go '09 Sox!

Good season. Way more than I anticipated. I owe a big apology to KW. I questioned his moves from the start and he proved me wrong and then some. Props to KW, Ozzie, and this team that put forth its best effort even when they were cornered. i have to be honest losing this series was mush easier to swallow with the cubbies flaming out the way they did. Im really looking towards the coming years with a SOLID, young, cheap core of CQ, Alexei, Johnnie Danks, & Gavin. Im really hoping swisher deal pans out and he becomes an integral part of this team. anyways thank you white sox for 08 eagerly awaiting 09.

Edited by idave03

We made the playoffs with pure guts and heart! We obviously didn't have the health or the complete team to go all the way. Im proud of the White Sox and even more encouraged for our future. God bless you all Sox fans. It was a very fun season of ups and downs. We'll be back! I trust Kenny to make all the right moves. We saw many great things this year- the emergence of Floyd, Danks, Alexie, and CQ. Thats the young core we build around.

I feel good about next year.

Guys I want on to see still on the roster for 2009.

Lexi

Carlos Q

AJ (name a catcher who would be a better option)

Swish ( I don't believe we should sell low, I think he comes around)

Dye

Konerko

Buehrle

Floyd

Danks

Thornton

Linebrink

Dotel

Richard

Russell

Jenks

Guys I don't want to see in 2009

Javier Vasquez

Jose Contreras

Jim Thome

Joe Crede

Ken Griffey Jr.

Guys I haven't mentioned, I don't have strong feelings either way if they stay or leave.

I would like to see a couple changes though.

Move Dye to DH (thome gone).

Move Lexi to SS (cabrera gone). I would not throw a fit if cabrera stays though.

That gives us 2 positions (2b,of) where we can go after a little more speed. Not necessarily base stealers. I want the sox to get away from nearly EVERY player in the lineup a 1 dimensional home run hitter/base path clogger.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
Exactly, how can you complain? We lost to a better team, but I guarantee KW has us in position to win this division next year once again.

I believe we have a strong enough core , where Kenny can put us in position to be a serious AL contender. I guarantee watching TB celebrate on our field struck a chord with Kenny. In Kenny I trust.

Not taking anything away from them. Just wish we would have had a better offensive showing.

I agree fully. I may eat my words, but I think Boston will bash their pitching around quite a bit in the division series.

Glad to see the Sox never use excuses about injuries or anything. They pretty much gave it their all I feel. Lots of promise for the future. Obviously lot of work ahead for KW. Home runs are great but it's pretty apparent fans want to see a bit more balance.

Should be interesting to see if all the veteran bombers are back or if they are traded and if they are traded what will we get for the slow footed guys who can still knock the ball over the fence on a fairly regular basis.

Edited by greg775