Thank you, Whitesox

rockren

QUOTE (rockren @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
From a 72-90 '07 season to a playoff run in '08...

Thank you for a wonderful season and first rate effort.

I look forward to rooting for our beloved WSox every day again next year.

I think they may look just a tad different. White Sox '09!!!

:gosox3: :bringit :gosox2: :gosox1:

The offseason should be fun. What a ride we had this year. Danks, Floyd, TCQ, Alexei, all coming into their own and looking like young stars. Alexei's Slam against Detroit, The one game playoff, so many other great memories. Thank you White Sox. I'll miss them until opening day '09. :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

I am sad now because our season is over, but I am not disappointed in the team. They exceeded EVERYBODY'S expectations and made the end of the season interesting and exciting. We have some really nice looking young players that we had no idea about a year ago. We also have some holes to fill and decisions to make. This could be a very interesting offseason, depending on what KW decides to do. 2009 should look much more promising than 2008 did a year ago.

Thank you for 2008 White Sox. :gosox3: :notworthy :gosox2:

I'm bummed that I don't get to pull for my team any moree this year, but it ended on a pretty good note! It's nice to have a team surprise you instead of crush you. I think I am looking forward to this offseason and next year more than I have looked forward to anything of the such in a long time!

going into every year, i always hope the sox can at least make the playoffs...they did this year, and i didn't realistically think we were the best team in the league, but i thought maybe we could pull an 06 cardinals...hurts to go home, but im looking forward to next year already

either way being at game 163 was the greatest game i've ever been to, and outside of a handful of postseason games in 2005 my favorite white sox game ever

They made a run at it this year and came up a little short against a very good Rays club. It would have been nice to see them battle back from the deficit a little bit today, but sometimes it's just not meant to be.

All in all a fun year in which we stayed at the top of the heap for most of a season in which nobody thought we'd contend. I can't be too disappointed with that.

:gosox3:

As sad as I am that the season is over, at least I can get back to my life and some semblance of productivity

I never thought of it that way, but since that road trip where we played the Yanks, Royals, Twinks it's been all White Sox every day.

Thanks, Sox for a very good year. It was fun, especially that 14 inning game I saw in KC where you nearly choked away a game, but amazingly won it on a 6-4-3 DP to end the proceedings with about 500 fans including me left in the KC stands.

But please, in future years can you be a bit less Jeckyll-Hyde? Not where you look pathetic for 4 games then like WS champs for the next four?

Oh well nitpicking.

It was a WILD ride. Good job, Sox. You never quit and I wonder how different our team would have looked late with CQ. No excuses, but hey ... if he kept being CQ, it mighta been even more special a season.

Crazy year. I had to drop my ticket plan this year, but the three games I did make it to were all exciting wins. (Quentin's two HR sunday night Angels game, last Saunday v. Cleveland, Game 3 v. Rays). Attending those three softened the blow of losing my seat for the year. It was a fun year, and lets face it, AL Central titles don't grow on trees for us, so I'll take it and run. Though we didn't make it past the ALDS, there was no sweep, and the games against Cleveland, Detroit, and Minnesota to cap off the regular season are as good as a playoff round in my book, and have greatly softened the blow of not advancing. I'm content.

What a great season. This team really grew on me, probably because of the overachieving thing, but this team had a lot of personality. Some groups that come through don't really offer a lot of extra reasons to root for them, besides the results on the field, but this one sure did. I think it ranks up there with the 1990 group that came out of no where and seemed to have a ton of fun doing it. It will be interesting to see what the mad scientist has in-store for us this off season, and what shape this group will take in 2k9.

One of the coolest things to happen from this season was the blackout. Hopefully a new tradition was born.

Floyd and Danks took major steps this year, got some innings under their belt.

Alexei and Q give us 2 great ballplayers to watch for a long time.

Beckham and Danks in the draft look to be solid, hopefully they can progress fast and get here. Looking forward to Slayers first game at the Cell.

It was a good season. I hope that KW can balance the offense out and make it less suseptible to the usual attack.

Hopefully Ocab signs with a good team so we can get their 1st rounder and we can start to restock the draft.

This will be an interesting offseason to say the least. I am sad to see baseball leave the southside this fall, but we got to see October baseball.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
One of the coolest things to happen from this season was the blackout. Hopefully a new tradition was born.

Floyd and Danks took major steps this year, got some innings under their belt.

Alexei and Q give us 2 great ballplayers to watch for a long time.

Beckham and Danks in the draft look to be solid, hopefully they can progress fast and get here. Looking forward to Slayers first game at the Cell.

It was a good season. I hope that KW can balance the offense out and make it less suseptible to the usual attack.

Hopefully Ocab signs with a good team so we can get their 1st rounder and we can start to restock the draft.

This will be an interesting offseason to say the least. I am sad to see baseball leave the southside this fall, but we got to see October baseball.

That about sums it up. I loved the blackout...I'm excited about our young pitchers and our young new offensive powers and I think this off-season will be a lot of fun. Plus, I have already paid for half my tickets for next year, thanks to this post-season, so I got that going for me.

white sox made this year fun - and real unique because the team is eliminated after having surpassed opening day expectations. the only thing i can compare it to off the top of my head is 04-05 Bulls.

i still feel exactly like i did last offseason, that we need OBP. If Cabrera and Swisher are candidates for leaving, we absolutely have to replace their ..well.... OBP!! that part of this thing is frustrating. we need to get someone who can consistently put a bat on the ball.

it would be nice to have someone that can slap one off the turf at opposing parks, but also slap legit hits all over the place. only in dreams i guess. maybe we can trade carlos lee for scott podsednik.

Even though we didn't go far, the 1-2-3 combination of the final Cleveland game (I was there), the Detroit game (Alexi!!!) and finally Black Tuesday (simply awesome, I was there too) made it one I'll remember.

Last night wasn't really a bummer so much as the inevitable finally happening. And we got to see baseball in October, which was sweeeeet.

All in all, not bad. I can't wait though to retool this team; don't want to see this same lineup in '09.