Talk Chicago Sports

iWiN4PreP

Yes, why not? Hockey + Baksetball would be an excellent start. Those forums are dead right now. It would leave Soxtalk as the main headquarters and talkbears as football headquarters.

I dont see a problem with moving just those 2 (bulls / blackhawks) there, it would be great, 80ish game seasons, so many gamethreads, many happenings. Would be awesome coming on here everyday to check things out. Gamethreads would be exciting :D pick to click for the bulls would be going on.

The best thing about it, is, it gives you admins a ton of different options on how yall would want to do it. Would there be sub forums in the A&J part, or would you do something else? Etc. Im sure you guys could come up with some excellent ideas for it.

I say take a community poll within the next week, see what everyone has to say about it. Becasue we all know blackhawks/talkbulls are dead zones and its making it weird, do I post NBA info here or on talkbulls? etc.

I really think its a good opportunity to expand soxtalk as most the board is bulls fans or blackhawks fans (once again, now is the PERFECT time to do so with all the sports beginning soon, with D-rose, and with how high the blackhawks can be)

Thanks!!

Right now, I think that they are fine with keeping everything how it is.

I dont mean to be a douche, but I dont think this is very fine:

p14220586.jpg

I'm sorry, I just see SO much potentional for this here

Just try the poll idea, get some ideas from the community here at soxtalk and see how much people would want something like this etc. I think ALOT would dig this idea

Edited by CryptviLL

yes yes yes! One subforum per each team (bulls, blackhawks... maybe bears)

Just starting out with bulls + blackhawks would be awesome. 2 subforums either NHL/NBA or BULLs/BLACKHAWKS, then you have all the gamethreads, news, trade talks in there. it would be huge during the season

http://talkbulls.com/

Is something going on here? Forbidden access to talkbulls site, and talkbhawks site doesnt seem to work, yet talkbears works :o.

Could this be a sign of future things to come here? :D :D

Gamethreads on soxtalk? Discussing the latest and greatest nhl and nba news in threads and not just one big thread? :o

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 12:04 AM)
What is your big quest here?

We currently have --> A&J Sports Bar Forum here on Soxtalk

Yall could make 2 or more (depending on how much sports you wanted to add) SUB forums to the A&J Sports Bar Forum entitled --> 1. Bulls talk 2. Blackhawks Talk (or however yall want to word it )

Then you have gamethreads in there, news in there, and you can close down the useless talkbulls.com and talkbhawks.com

It would make for 10x more talking about each respective sport as the sites (talkbulls + talkbhawks) are absolutely dead and useless, and it would offer the bulls / blackhawks fans here some fun during the winter talking to each other / pick to clicks here.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
We currently have --> A&J Sports Bar Forum here on Soxtalk

Yall could make 2 or more (depending on how much sports you wanted to add) SUB forums to the A&J Sports Bar Forum entitled --> 1. Bulls talk 2. Blackhawks Talk (or however yall want to word it )

Then you have gamethreads in there, news in there, and you can close down the useless talkbulls.com and talkbhawks.com

It would make for 10x more talking about each respective sport as the sites (talkbulls + talkbhawks) are absolutely dead and useless, and it would offer the bulls / blackhawks fans here some fun during the winter talking to each other / pick to clicks here.

The Hawks site has already been shutdown. As for the Bulls, I am not quite sure why it matters to you if we maintain another site or not. Again, what is your motivation?

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
Motivation, it's great to read gamethreads here + news. If yall added blakchawks + bears sub parts of the forum soxtalk wold become the one stop place for most chicago sports for me :D

That's not the point of SOXTALK, although it ends up that way at least somewhat.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)
That's not the point of SOXTALK, although it ends up that way at least somewhat.

Agreed without a doubt, but it doesnt hurt having a subforum in the A&J part of the forum for bulls talk and blackhawks talk. That wouldn't take any of the soxtalk credibility away, it would kinda be hidden even. It would be Sox fans talking bulls/blackhawks, instead of blackhawks/bulls fans talking bulls/blackhawks/sox. Obviously this is the main place for soxtalk info.

But once again, the sub forum in the A&J forum wouldnt be taking away from soxtalks goal or mission, (at least IMO) but rather adding another leg to it.

I think it's been offered a million times, if you want to put time and effort into your thoughts into one of the sites, be our guest. Instead I keep seeing post after post after post about what we should do here. Just saying. If you'd like a whirl at making one of these sites work better, please, by all means, let one of us know and you can have at it.

Well I think the problem lies within the 2+ sites. Soxtalk has 4,300+ members. And the unique thing is, a good amount of those are real hardcore members here. Soxtalk is a MAJOR successful forum. It is not easy making a forum succesful these days like Soxtalk has been.

When you branch to talkbulls etc. it doesnt have what soxtalk has (the hardcore core of members).

Thats why I think a simple addition of subforums to soxtalk would be greatly succesful.

It's not to much time or effort, it's simply just adding 2 subforums here on soxtalk and letting the members do the rest. Then you can RIP talkbulls/blackhawkstalk.

What do you mean by 'Forget it,' does this mean you attempted to make it happen, but something didn't work? It isn't really hard, just a simple sub forum or two... Even if you guys just start with a NBA subforum would be nice to see how it goes

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
What do you mean by 'Forget it,' does this mean you attempted to make it happen, but something didn't work? It isn't really hard, just a simple sub forum or two... Even if you guys just start with a NBA subforum would be nice to see how it goes

No, forget it means there's not likely to be a "subforum" anytime soon. Soxtalk's not intended for that.