Talk Chicago Sports

iWiN4PreP

I am curious as to why there is the 4-5 bonus sites. Why do we not just add them all to soxtalk? We could call this place chicagotalk or something, but i wouldn't like screwing with a good thing (soxtalk).

But the other places are pretty died. Minus talkbears when its gameday, talkcubs is completely goneeee, talkbulls has very few post, and id imagine talkbhawks wouldnt to be hot either. (same as talk bigten).

Is it time to merge them onto soxtalk? Sometimes we get more post ehre about the bulls then on talkbulls. Does it cost yall anything to have those extra sites?

dont get me wrong, its nice to have those sites, but nothing beats this main soxtalk site for activity, and its just to bad the other sites dont get much activity.

On the otherhand, maybe we could use this thread to remind peeps to advertise for them a bit - especially with bulls/bhawks season coming up, and bears season in full rotation!

just wanted to hear soxtalks plans for these sites.

to me, these different portals of soxtalk should really be about their specifics. IE. the general forum of the basketball portal shouldn't really have football talk or hockey talk, in a way - the general forum on some of these portals is pretty useless. Ex. you dont want some one going on soxtalk saying "tom brady owns," and not posting it on talkbears.

You get my drift?

You dont want NFL talk anywhere on the talkbulls site, cause it takes away from talkbears.

I think we need to find something to add to each portal to further the sport.

Like soxtalk has ---> Soxtalk forum, Minor league forum, and Talk baseball forum. I think that is the perfect basic setup that all the portals have. Obviously hockey/basketball may not have as many fans as baseball does in terms of message boards fans, and i dont even know if nfl has a minor leagues haha.

But also ticket exchange may not be a bad idea. People could sell their sox stuff on soxtalk, their bulls stuff here, etc. etc.

PTC/contest is a good forum to add as well.

Especially for football, i could see that being big, becuase theirs only 16 winners in a reg. season, so a pick to click there would be nearing fantasy football greatness.

haha, that works out well ^^ i mean, itd be nice to do something more now that theve been around 2 years or so, their a good idea, but lacking popularity. Just think about having a soxtalk like website for all those chicago sports :wub:. How nice. But as it is right now, they arnt really working.

We've toyed with that concept before, but our goal is to create many unique sites with there own specific personalities. TalkBears is differnet than Soxtalk. Obviously Soxtalk is larger but TalkBears has a pretty good group of posters and is active but those members give TalkBears its own unique feel. We hope the Bulls/Cubs/Blackhawks sites will also do the same. Oh and don't forget, www.chisport.com the best blog on the net.

ah i hear ya on the own identity thing, but what i dont get is how people on soxtalk can go to the slam section, talk about the bears game, then on talkbears it gets less people. Its a weird/tough situation, i will do my best this upcoming bulls season to get a few people over there since im a big basketball fan, and ill think of anything else i have on the topic.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 13, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
I prefer to do all the talk on Soxtalk. I like talking to the same group of people.

me too...talkbulls is completely dead and im not a huge fan of talk bears....it would be nice to start a Bears thread in A and J's instead of just the generic NFL thread, as i feel soxtalk is actually a better and more active avenue for talking about the bears than talkbears is IMO

• 2 weeks later...

yo whats up with this ish? i go to talkbhawks, first off their is NO Gamethreads there. second off you have to get some administrtor activation??? Uh... for a new forum like that i dont think thats the way to go. Those 2 things sure dont bold well for the site. I'm not bashing yall cause yall do your thing, and yall do it well. but what im saying is if yall are gonna do something with these sites, then the time is NOW.

bears season going

bulls season about to start

hawks just started

and to top of the cake, the sox season is over so you dont have to do to much with that.

the time is now!!!

I prefer to do all the talk on Soxtalk. I like talking to the same group of people.

zackly...shoulda made it like Motownsports.com .... ;)

Not to be all high and mighty by telling people what to do with their boards, but the fillibuster has/had posters who rarely make a post in the clubhouse. Why not have a www.talkpolitics.com board for their own unique group? :huh

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
zackly...shoulda made it like Motownsports.com .... ;)

Not to be all high and mighty by telling people what to do with their boards, but the fillibuster has/had posters who rarely make a post in the clubhouse. Why not have a www.talkpolitics.com board for their own unique group? :huh

yup, like motownsports, realgm etc . I also agree with the filibuster board,

The biggest problem with the "other" sites is been that the people who used to have tons of time to dedicate to this stuff, now are busy as hell with jobs, family, and college etc, when they used to be obligation free. We'd love to see the sites succeed, but I know we are just stretched out doing what little stuff we have time for now. If there are people who are interested in taking on some of these places and maybe getting a chance to help run the show, get ahold of me. We'd love to put this into good people's hands.

• 4 months later...

Revisiting this, talkbulls is pretty much on E.

Why not have something like this on soxtalk? -->

A and J's Olde Tyme Sports Pub

-Soxtalk 2009 March Madness

-Talkbulls

-Talk Blackhawks

-Talk Cubs

-Talk Bears

It would accomplish: No need to have a cubs post anywhere else on this site!! And all the talk be put into their respective forums.

It would hurt the A and J's Olde Tyme Sports Pub forum, but that could still be used for wrestling, golf, ufc, etc.

I think it'd be great to have all the sites into one part of the forum.

The blackhawks board is amazingly dead, futuresox is hacked, and the talk big ten board hasn't had a member register or post made since November....2007!

Exactly, I mean, putting it into 4-5 forums here in the A&J sports pub would own.

Having gamethreads here on soxtalk, it obviously wont be... 100 page long playoff sox games :P, but still I could see some blackhawks games getting up to the 30 range here on soxtalk in the playoffs, and some bulls playoff games (assuming theyd make it this year) getting to around 20 :).

Would be fun

+ it'd be easier to admin/moderate, just take one moderator for each forum (whomever was the leader on the talk___), and let them go at that :).

Edited by CryptviLL

As SS said a ferw months back, it was our wish to get these going, but bring in a lot of different folks then from soxtalk. It's not message boards for soxtalk. The problem we have is no one has the time to go out and get people like this board had.

We're going to be looking at this in the near future, most likely.

As SS said a ferw months back, it was our wish to get these going, but bring in a lot of different folks then from soxtalk. It's not message boards for soxtalk. The problem we have is no one has the time to go out and get people like this board had.

Oh no doubt, in an ideal world that'd be the perfect situation.

But it's been a few year(s?) now, and not much, if anything, is going on at them.

IMO if they were going to be standalone boards, they need more then like, 3 forums, it'd been to be more like Soxtalk, where theres A&J, Slam, Political, How does that work etc. etc.

We're going to be looking at this in the near future, most likely.

ok :). Best of luck!

im telling ya!

with white sox season starting many people will be on board

you make the sub forums here, you have blackhawks chat up the yin-yang for the playoffs, you have basketbal playoffs (bulls most likely), and you have bears season beginning.

now is the time to merge!

• 4 months later...

I want to revisit this once more

We got the bears starting extremely soon

We got the blackhawks starting extremely soon

We got the bulls starting soon

Instead of the talk etc. sites which get very few members, we can centralize it all on here

A&J's Sports --> Then subforums either : TalkBulls/TalkBears/TalkBlackhawks or NHL / NFL / NBA --> Then in each of those you have 2 subforums one is Gamethreads other is General NBA talk or something

Then you got it all on one board, you got all of soxtalks members here posting together, rather then half the people posting stuff in the 'official nba thread' and other half on talk bulls.

I think this would make soxtalk a site to be at full year, rather then just baseball season.