Mark Wahlberg and the Donkey bunch

That funky motion

Did anyone catch the 30 minute weekend update SNL last night? If this is any indication of what SNL still is, I'll be running away from my television on saturday nights. It was absolutely terrible. They opened up with a 12 minute bit about the 2nd debate. I didn't crack a smile the entire time. It was completely unfunny and whats worse is that it kept going and going and going. Then the snarky weekend update with pohler and that other guy started. I think out of the 15-20 stories they covered, I laughed once. The black economy guy (that actor has never been funny the entire time he's been on that - keenan? wayne? something like that) and the Hall and Oates bits were equally bad.

I dunno, maybe I'm getting old. I just don't find anything they do as even remotely funny.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
Did anyone catch the 30 minute weekend update SNL last night? If this is any indication of what SNL still is, I'll be running away from my television on saturday nights. It was absolutely terrible. They opened up with a 12 minute bit about the 2nd debate. I didn't crack a smile the entire time. It was completely unfunny and whats worse is that it kept going and going and going. Then the snarky weekend update with pohler and that other guy started. I think out of the 15-20 stories they covered, I laughed once. The black economy guy (that actor has never been funny the entire time he's been on that - keenan? wayne? something like that) and the Hall and Oates bits were equally bad.

I dunno, maybe I'm getting old. I just don't find anything they do as even remotely funny.

I'd have to agree. Absolutely brutal.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 9, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Athlete's almost always SUCK.

Peyton Manning was actually one of the best ones. There were a bunch of great sketches in his episode. Johnny Mosely was also kinda good.

The hosts that are the best are people with stage experience in their past. Because it's basically live theater. And for some reason, British people always rock haha

I agree, athlete's for an entire show usually suck, but there have been classic skits. The Joe Montana "I'm going upstairs to masturbate" sketch and the Wayne Gretzky Hawaian Hockey sketch make me laugh after many viewings

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 06:54 AM)
Supposedly Marky saw the skits on YouTube and was so pissed off about them he is refusing to ever go on the show again.

Yikes. Talk about overreacting. Not like Wahlberg makes good movies anyway that he would need to promote.

Keep producing Entourage.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
Yikes. Talk about overreacting. Not like Wahlberg makes good movies anyway that he would need to promote.

Keep producing Entourage.

Not to mention he is giving SNL free promos and using the South Park formula to get people to watch the show

Controversy+pissed off people=high ratings.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
That was great though I'm pretty sure none of the audience watched last week's episode.

It was good until they had him talk to a donkey. It was good talking to Poehler and Brolin.

"You were in Goonies, right? I produce Entourage."

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 03:04 AM)
Because I think an SNL skit is dumb, besides the Palin stuff SNL is horrible now anyways.

Yeah, that skit has really fallen off in its three skit storyline arc. Way back in the day it was much better