It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

BobDylan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
It happens to be the only episode I've seen, my lord was it terrible.

I agree with you. It was the first episode I have seen, and I thought it was terrible. Although i did like when the one chick tried to run out with the Mickey-Blohole shoes and hit the car head first.

I still think the pilot was the best episode ("The Gang Gets Racist"). I just started watching it this season and the first few were so good that I had to rent the others. A great show that I didn't think I'd like at all. People told me DeVito made the show, but he's actually me least favorite character. I think Charlie and Mac are the best, but the interactions between all of them are what sets this show apart.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
any episode where there is a solo storyline for D sucks.

Very true, but I'd say that for the most part that would be the case for any of them individually. The best is when they are working together, or at least when they are paired off in twos, like the billboard episode.

This past week's episode was really really bad for any show, let alone this show. If I never watched before I would never watch another episode. The hour-long episode the week prior was OK and the season premiere was solid. The rest have been awesome.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 10, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
I've just started watching the show.

I'm up to Season 1, Episode 2.

If you own Seasons 1 and 2, it is best to watch the episodes in order because in some cases you will be lost and unsure of certain saying's that are carried into the crazy adventures the crew goes through.

I can guarantee you this, if you take the show too seriously you won't find it very amusing. I watched the "Mack and Charlie are Dead" episode for a second time and it really grew on me. The glory hole thing is priceless.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 11, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
I still think the pilot was the best episode ("The Gang Gets Racist"). I just started watching it this season and the first few were so good that I had to rent the others. A great show that I didn't think I'd like at all. People told me DeVito made the show, but he's actually me least favorite character. I think Charlie and Mac are the best, but the interactions between all of them are what sets this show apart.

The gang dances their asses off, and Dayman were 2 of the best.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Oct 12, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
If you own Seasons 1 and 2, it is best to watch the episodes in order because in some cases you will be lost and unsure of certain saying's that are carried into the crazy adventures the crew goes through.

I can guarantee you this, if you take the show too seriously you won't find it very amusing. I watched the "Mack and Charlie are Dead" episode for a second time and it really grew on me. The glory hole thing is priceless.

The pilot seemed pretty damn good.

I must really be in store for good times because I've only seen this seasons episodes and thought Thursdays was good. Some of the entire "how did the poo get here" angle dragged on, but overall it had its moments.

The scene where the broad wanted to a cocktail bar to play "Sex and the City" and the guys were going on about the show.

"I'm going to take off my shirt........blast my NIPS."

"Why would you tell him you have a bleached asshole?

Well, he was going to find out anyways."

you see that door over there? the one marked 'pirate'?! do you think a pirate lives in there?

I'm just getting into the show and have been watching it at a rapid clip over the last few weeks and that line right there had me rolling.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 10:48 AM)
I thought yesterday's episode was the worst of the season.

I don't think it was the worst, but the humor has gone south this season. Too much of it is childish and I don't see much dry humor any more. The episode "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" is probably the only episode from this season on par with anything else previously. They've strayed away from those taboo subjects and the plot lines are nonsensical and not very interesting. They've played off of Charlie's stupidity far too much and they're making the characters more into archetypes of themselves rather than building on what they had. This season hasn't been terrible, but in my eyes, they set the bar high and they aren't getting there.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
I don't think it was the worst, but the humor has gone south this season. Too much of it is childish and I don't see much dry humor any more. The episode "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis" is probably the only episode from this season on par with anything else previously. They've strayed away from those taboo subjects and the plot lines are nonsensical and not very interesting. They've played off of Charlie's stupidity far too much and they're making the characters more into archetypes of themselves rather than building on what they had. This season hasn't been terrible, but in my eyes, they set the bar high and they aren't getting there.

I agree with this, although I would have tried to make it sound less douchebaggy if I were to have written it.