Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

SIU is starting to look a little more recognizable, maybe the season can be salvaged. I would be a lot happier right now had they beaten Creighton 2 games ago, but that is not a game you can count on, so I guess its just water under the bridge.

Dillard is already a stud, man can that little guy play.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
NW almost beat MSU in Evanston a couple of weeks ago. They had a big lead in the 2nd half. I never thought they'd beat MSU at home though.

What's up with MSU lately? They look unbeatable for 2 weeks and now this.

The Big Ten race just got a lot more interesting.

Raymar Morgan is disappearing again in Big 10 play, same thing he did last season. Chris Allen also gets less from his ability than any player in cbball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Also: Illinois State loses again, this time to Wichita State (8-11). For a team that's so amazingly ridiculous and that owns the best back court in the NCAA, they sure do lose a lot to crappy teams.

Well the MVC tournament should be interesting considering that no one from that conference is going to get an at large bid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
Well the MVC tournament should be interesting considering that no one from that conference is going to get an at large bid.

Good. More bids for the big conferences.

Big win for Miami tonight against FSU. McClinton goes off for 28 points. 3-2 in ACC play with VT this weekend. Must win game vs VT b/c the next 6 games is at NCST, at Maryland, Wake, at Duke, UNC, at FSU.

Interesting to see David Palmer lighting it up for Iowa tonight. I remember him being a verbal commit to Illinois way back during Bruce Weber's first year, then he had to go to prep school, then Seton Hall for a year, eventually had to transfer and use a redshirt year, and now he's at Iowa and had a big night tonight.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Good. More bids for the big conferences.

Big win for Miami tonight against FSU. McClinton goes off for 28 points. 3-2 in ACC play with VT this weekend. Must win game vs VT b/c the next 6 games is at NCST, at Maryland, Wake, at Duke, UNC, at FSU.

I don't know how you guys kept hitting those 3's. Every one of them was guarded. Oh well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Nobody in the Big 10 is THAT bad (at least not this year, Crean will get the ship righted there pretty fast). But yeah, who had Northwestern at Michigan State AND Virginia Tech at Wake Forest tonight? Wow.

I still think we'll steal one game this season, I just don't know which one. We had a big lead on Michigan, and played Penn St decently close. Not like going 1-15 in the Big Ten is desirable but hey, everyone knows Crean gets a free pass this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)
Interesting to see David Palmer lighting it up for Iowa tonight. I remember him being a verbal commit to Illinois way back during Bruce Weber's first year, then he had to go to prep school, then Seton Hall for a year, eventually had to transfer and use a redshirt year, and now he's at Iowa and had a big night tonight.

And the Palmer story is that Illini fans thought he was better than Hansbrough when they played at an open gym on their visit to Illinois.

Arizona just got absolutely f***ed by the refs in their state rivalry game against ASU. Down 2 with 10 seconds left, they called a moving pick. It's too bad that Horne didn't get the chance to cost them another game with a foul in a tie game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
And the Palmer story is that Illini fans thought he was better than Hansbrough when they played at an open gym on their visit to Illinois.

Arizona just got absolutely f***ed by the refs in their state rivalry game against ASU. Down 2 with 10 seconds left, they called a moving pick. It's too bad that Horne didn't get the chance to cost them another game with a foul in a tie game.

He did play better then Hansbrough when they were on their visit. Which is why you should never judge players based on one viewing. And when Palmer visited he was a consensus top 50 recruit who then never developed after that point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 05:44 AM)
He did play better then Hansbrough when they were on their visit. Which is why you should never judge players based on one viewing. And when Palmer visited he was a consensus top 50 recruit who then never developed after that point.

Yep, I'm not saying they weren't right in their observation. I am grateful they banned those open houses, as they were creepy.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
The MVC is stacked this year. I don't care what the national pundits say. It is good from top to bottom. 16-3. Pretty solid record still.

16-3 looks good in a big conference with a tough schedule, not with a horrid RPI and losses to really bad teams. Very simple, it is looking like 1 team will come from the MVC this year. But, I forgot that Ill State players can walk on water.

This is going to be an awesome NCAA tourney, lots of parity, and no favorites.

As I have stated previously, Illanoy is the best team in the Big 10. Michigan State played like crud against an inexperienced KU team that played for the first time on the road.

This season is getting good!

Heads, I think KU is in for a rude awakening this weekend. Though, Mario Little is starting to show why he is the number 1 JUCO player in the nation. If you can stop Cole and Sherron, victory is yours.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 05:18 AM)
After seeing Drake and UNI play Iowa State, and seeing where they are now....I'm not so sold on the MVC this year.

There is a lot of turnover this year. I think the league will look better down the stretch, but right now it is tough to watch. The team that gets hot in February and March will probably get the bid, and right now that could be anyone.

Hopefully it is SIU :)

It will probably be Creighton though, Altman is awesome at keeping that team under control

Great night of college hoops yesterday. N'western knocking off Sparty. Va. Tech who owns Wake doing it again to them. Solid Uconn win over 'nova. My Heels hitting their stride in the second half and hammering Clemson. Plus The Terrence Williams show at Rutgers. Gotta love college hoops this year! :D

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
The MVC is stacked this year. I don't care what the national pundits say. It is good from top to bottom. 16-3. Pretty solid record still.

You're right. Bradley, Indiana State, and Wichita State are powerhouses that could dominate any of the other big conferences.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
LOL at the continued MVC hype.

The Big Ten is wide open this year and I love it, especially since I see the conference really starting on the upswing if some of the players actually stay in college for a few years. I cant wait for the tourney.

Hey now, I didnt hype it. I thought what I said was pretty realistic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
SIU is starting to look a little more recognizable, maybe the season can be salvaged. I would be a lot happier right now had they beaten Creighton 2 games ago, but that is not a game you can count on, so I guess its just water under the bridge.

Dillard is already a stud, man can that little guy play.

I was so jacked when I heard we got Ryan Hare. He has been consistently good as well.

The MVC is NOT stacked this year. It maybe competitive between the teams, but we are only getting 1 in the tournament this year.

Edited by Brian