Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 12:02 AM)
I'm just saying I've seen both teams and I think ISU is better when they are both playing at their top level. ISU is more athletic and shoots the 3 better. UIUC only has the size advantage, this is just my biased opinion however.

I hope you mean better than Indiana, because ISU would be about avg in the big ten. And im speaking from player by player talent.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
As pretty much the only ISU fan ever in this forum, I pretty much have to be a huge homer to get any conversation going. Even though I really do believe ISU is better than UIUC.

Osiris and Champ are good, bit there is a reason there are at ISU and not a Big Ten school or other major conference.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
As pretty much the only ISU fan ever in this forum, I pretty much have to be a huge homer to get any conversation going. Even though I really do believe ISU is better than UIUC.

I am the only Minnesota fan ever in the forum, but you don't see me claiming that my team has a better backcourt than any other team in the country. You'd be surprised how much conversation comes about from being sane.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 09:27 AM)
Osiris and Champ are good, bit there is a reason there are at ISU and not a Big Ten school or other major conference.

Eldridge could play just about anywhere. Champ on the other hand was mediocre at best for 3 years at Oregon and wouldn't be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is now if he was in a major conference.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
I'll never give this up.

You won't find a poster on here who hates UIUC more than I do, as I think Weber is a whiny scumbag. With that in mind, UIUC would dominate ISU right now. The Illini are a hell of a defensive squad, and losing Pruitt/Randle is the best thing that could have ever happened to that program.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
I don't think I have seen a coach fall as far as Gary Williams. From national title to not even mattering anymore. His teams are getting worse and worse each year.

Don't forget his awesome graduation percentage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
You won't find a poster on here who hates UIUC more than I do, as I think Weber is a whiny scumbag. With that in mind, UIUC would dominate ISU right now. The Illini are a hell of a defensive squad, and losing Pruitt/Randle is the best thing that could have ever happened to that program.

Indiana Fan?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)

Im not trying to really argue you here, but why is this?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Im not trying to really argue you here, but why is this?

Just some of his tactics in the media (ie: Self's funeral) and that he always seems to have excuses. There's other stuff, regarding recruiting, that I don't feel like getting into.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Just some of his tactics in the media (ie: Self's funeral) and that he always seems to have excuses. There's other stuff, regarding recruiting, that I don't feel like getting into.

Fair enough. I just think theyre are alot worse coaches out there from what I have seen and heard. One guy I cant stand is Bo Ryan, he just seems to be the biggest jerk.

Edit: Ryan is still a very good coach though.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
what is with you MVC fans, I get pissed at every loss.

I'm a realist. I still get sick when I think of the Creighton loss.

We are taking our lumps this year. I'm dealing with it.

If we are up with a minute left and lose tonight, I won't be able to go to sleep easily.