Denis Savard fired

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murcie is dead on. I also think that as much goodwill and cleaning house that has gone on in the last year now, the cleaning house just wasn't complete yet. Once Tallon is gone, and somebody with the last name Bowman takes his place, the "cleaning house" will FINALLY be complete. Well that, and Khabibulin being traded seems like a priority as well, but you know what I mean. I honestly had no problem with the move itself. I was (and still am) baffled by the timing of it, but if they play well in the coming days and weeks nobody will care about that either. Hopefully that indeed is the case, I think Quenneville is a good coach and hopefully he shows it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The only small bad taste this leaves in my mouth is the slight "bait and switch" feeling it has to me.

If the Hawks were afraid to make this move while the buzz was hot this summer, it says to me that they either duped the fans until their money was committed, or they were afraid that their hold on the public's interest was so tenuous that one unpopular move could derail it.

It would have been a more honest move if had been done in summer (if the move was pre-planned, that is). If the move really was made because of some dispute over the goalie situation, then they fired the wrong guy.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 06:22 PM)
Firing Savvy makes Kaner Cry.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....onal-times.html

Also, did anyone else notice during the press conference that Dale Tallon is trying to mimic the Joe Maddon look?

Well you could say Maddon attempted to mimic Dale Tallon in game 5 of the ALCS by doing his job horribly.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 06:22 PM)

I feel bad for the kid, which is still what Kaner is. Plus, its refreshing in this era when most pro-jocks are jaded, self-important assholes to have seen a reaction like this. That said, I'd give him hell for being a wussy if I was a fan of another team, even though he plays like anything but.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)
I feel bad for the kid, which is still what Kaner is. Plus, its refreshing in this era when most pro-jocks are jaded, self-important assholes to have seen a reaction like this. That said, I'd give him hell for being a wussy if I was a fan of another team, even though he plays like anything but.

I wouldn't say he plays like anything but... he still disappears in the defensive end.

Just giving him a hard time, he's a special player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
I wouldn't say he plays like anything but... he still disappears in the defensive end.

Just giving him a hard time, he's a special player.

I know you're just playing around, but I do wish Kane was just a little bigger.

If he had just a bit more size, with his skill set he'd be that much more amazing.