2008 World Series - Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

knightni

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
That might be the most anti-climatic ending I have ever seen

That's exactly what I just said. To tell ya the truth...I still think the regular season is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to goddamn long. There's no way baseball should still be played at this time of the year (unless it's fall or winter leagues). No wonder nobody cares. NBA is starting, Midnight Madness, NFL, etc... 140-150 games would be plenty and the MLB should be over by the 2nd week of October by the latest.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
That's exactly what I just said. To tell ya the truth...I still think the regular season is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to goddamn long. There's no way baseball should still be played at this time of the year (unless it's fall or winter leagues). No wonder nobody cares. NBA is starting, Midnight Madness, NFL, etc... 140-150 games would be plenty and the MLB should be over by the 2nd week of October by the latest.

The baseball playoffs trump the first week of the NBA, college basketball practice, and 4 weeks of football which is only on Sunday and Monday.

Wow. The Sox locker room was wrecked by this time in '05. The Phillies clearly don't know how to celebrate. :lolhitting

It WAS pretty weak. Everyone stayed still in that pile. it was like watching the end of a football play rather than a WS winning celebration...

This suspended game scenario may be a blessing in disguise. If you are a 10 year old kid in Philly, you probably were able to see the Phillies clinch at 10 pm local time as opposed to 1 am. Regardless, congrats to the Phillies and their fans. I kind of feel good for Brad Lidge as well.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Hey...are they booing Selig!?!

The Phillies have been complaining a lot about how the whole suspended game/no idea when they'd be playing for the TV schedule thing worked out.

And this is Philadelphia. They'd boo Jesus.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
The Phillies have been complaining a lot about how the whole suspended game/no idea when they'd be playing for the TV schedule thing worked out.

And this is Philadelphia. They'd boo Jesus.

Well, to be fair, when you have the Phanatic everybody else is pretty much second rate.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
I just realized that baseball is going to be over for five months. :crying

Don't worry. We have the weekly Danks2/Beckham show to keep us entertained. All in all, a very dissapointing series neither team played up to the potential, and the weather did little to help. My biggest curiousity emerging from this whole series is what game 5 is going to look like on the Phillies World Series DVD. Will they have an in-game explanation or stoppage for where the suspension occured, or just go with the flow?