Scott Rolen

Saufley

QUOTE (Saufley @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
Anyone hear Rolen for Javy rumor? thoughts?

haven't heard it...im not opposed to rolen...hes on the wrong side of 30 but i think hes only got a year or so left on his deal....hes always a stud in the field (if healthy) and has decent on base and slugging abilities (esp. in our park)...certainly fits KWs grinder mode

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
I guess we can't go after Brian Roberts then...Glaus' extra base numbers were fantastic last season considering his slow start and suckiness vs the Cubs.

Frankly, no I don't really want Roberts, and that's a big part of my reasoning.

Rolen has 2 years and $26M remaining on his deal ('09:$11M, '10:$11M + $4M bonus, the Cards agreed to pay the bonus but there's no guarantee that money would be included in any deal with the Sox) and has missed, on average, 2 months per season due to injury over the past 4 years. That's really all you need to know about Scott Rolen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:00 AM)
Rolen is on his last legs. His shoulder is extremely weak now. That would be a terrible trade. A deal of Javy for Glaus would make a lot more sense.

Plus I think he got the boot from Tony Larussa for not being a team player

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Anyone given any thought to the Sox trading Javy to the Rockies for Atkins? I think Atkins would be a good fit for this team. Haven't really looked at his numbers or salary, but just a quick thought that came into my head.

Javy has a NTC to West Coast clubs