I never thought I'd say it, but...

• 4 weeks later...

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towert...ariotti-jo.html

"Because I'm going to be covering all these major events that involve championships, I'm probably writing more positive, upbeat, triumphant stories," Mariotti said. "You're not sitting back and analyzing, scrutinizing the same five teams over and over and over again.

"Let's look at what's happened: The Cubs choked, the Bears [stink], the Bulls go in the tank ... it becomes monotonous," he said. "You can't keep spanking [bulls general manager] John Paxson every week. You can't get on [bears coach] Lovie Smith every day. [bears GM] Jerry Angelo still doesn't have a quarterback. I'm going to keep writing that from now to kingdom come?"

Interesting that he doesnt mention the White Sox, with whom he had probably the worst working relationship

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
apparently he was on the score this morning, but i didn't hear it. Interesting b/c mully and hanley have ripped him on the air before.

No way, they both have said they dont have a problem with him. I listened to them the morning he was fired

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
No way, they both have said they dont have a problem with him. I listened to them the morning he was fired

i'm positive i've heard hanley criticize him before.

WSCR now has downloadable podcasts in case anyone is curious enough to go back an listen.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)

No,they have ripped him. I know of one time I think it was the day after he left the suntimes. They were pissed at the things he said a little after he was on their show.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
No,they have ripped him. I know of one time I think it was the day after he left the suntimes.

Maybe Hanley, but Mully stayed completely neutral on the whole issue. even going as far as saying he had no problem with him on a personal level, and never thought to question his "ethics" when writing articles. Maybe that has changed since the day Jay was let go, but I know for a fact that Mully didnt get on Mariotti's case at all

From the same website, the detailed reviews of the North/Jiggetts Amateur Show:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=...=a&start=25

Holy crap, this might just be bad enough to record for leisurely viewing.

My favorite line comes from Pappy's Crappy (AWESOME screen name!):

(Quoting a post saying "Look at the bright side, most of the show will be commercial free")

"Commercial-free, talent-free, content-free . . . Jesus Christ, how much more free can you be?!"

Nicely done, Pappy's Crappy....nicely done!

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
That's what I hear. I'll never watch it though.

what

That was the mid-day radio show with Mike North and Dan Jiggetts on the Score before it was on 670.

They were on like, 1100 AM and the signal would die after sundown.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
what

That was the mid-day radio show with Mike North and Dan Jiggetts on the Score before it was on 670.

They were on like, 1100 AM and the signal would die after sundown.

Oh, I thought you were just talking about this new dump show.