Contreras

BamaDoc

They had it for David Wells back in 2001. Maybe it has become prohibitively expensive...with all the losses at places like AIG, lol. Funny, the insurance companies were also so greedy, they didn't understand the inherent risks in the debt instruments any better than the banks...probably had less knowledge, in fact, of how they might blow up in their faces.

Actually, though, I thought it was Lloyd's of London that issued that policy for Wells. Not 100% sure. But it did give us back about 55-60% of his salary for that one season.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Wow, I thought all MLB players have ins.
The player's have normal worker's compensation insurance, depending on the State Law. The other option is to have your own insurance, most do as well.

the discussion here is whether the Club has insurance to pay for the players contrct in case of injury. Most teams carry insurance to cover at least a portion of the the higher contracts. With Contreras' age and relatively inexpensive contract it may have been cost prohibitive.

On a side note, I just picked up an authentic, autographed Contreras jersey at a benefit silent auction for $130.00, so I'm hoping he returns.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
They had it for David Wells back in 2001. Maybe it has become prohibitively expensive..

I would assume that there is a direct connection between David Wells and the reason its so hard to get insurance on players these days.

That fat f***.

Someone might want to try to get Phil Rogers or Mark Gonzalez to investigate this.

I know the times in the past I've sent them e-mails, they've usually responded....I think Rogers' is "progers@tribune.com" if I'm not mistaken.

It would make a huge difference to the team to be getting an additional $5-6 million back on Contreras (assuming he doesn't make it back this season).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Someone might want to try to get Phil Rogers or Mark Gonzalez to investigate this.

I know the times in the past I've sent them e-mails, they've usually responded....I think Rogers' is "progers@tribune.com" if I'm not mistaken.

It would make a huge difference to the team to be getting an additional $5-6 million back on Contreras (assuming he doesn't make it back this season).

Usually because of COntreras's age medicare pays first andI'm not sure if they'll pay.