2003 draft breakdown

dasox24

sweeney plays outfield and pitches? which is he better at

We drafted him as an OFer.

He doesn't have a major league fastball. If I remember correctly, he hits high 80s on the gun...and that's not good enough unless you have incredible control.

However, an 88 MPH throw in from the OF is very good, and he's got pretty good power as well.

We drafted him as an outfielder although many scouts say he could be a pitcher as well and would of went high in that area too.

His fastball isn't major league ready right now, but it does have good velocity and it could project even better. According to BA, he has one of the best outfield arms in the country and one of the best over the past couple years.

Aight, thanks.  I just like to be able to put faces to these minor leaguers we talk about so I just wanted to know who that was.  Thanks again!

I'm working on getting pictures for almost every player, so we can all put a face on the guy. :)

It probably will take the summer to get pictures put up and player pages created for each guy on futuresox, but were working on it, :headbang

I'm working on getting pictures for almost every player, so we can all put a face on the guy. :)

It probably will take the summer to get pictures put up and player pages created for each guy on futuresox, but were working on it,  :headbang

I really like the future sox website that ya'll made. It is really helpful in filling us in on the white sox prospects. I gotta give props to you and the other writers on futuresox.com. Keep up the good work!! :headbang

I'm working on getting pictures for almost every player, so we can all put a face on the guy.   :)

It probably will take the summer to get pictures put up and player pages created for each guy on futuresox, but were working on it,  :headbang

I really like the future sox website that ya'll made. It is really helpful in filling us in on the white sox prospects. I gotta give props to you and the other writers on futuresox.com. Keep up the good work!! :headbang

Thanks...It couldn't be done without everyone that helps out on the site.

also the rosters are up for charlotte birmingham and kannapolis in case anyone wants to see them. tell me if there are any errors.

They look spiffy, Spiff.

Hows about my boxscores? I've been pretty diligent....I also did a lot of the schedules and typing up articles.

So who all is doing work for FS?

also the rosters are up for charlotte birmingham and kannapolis in case anyone wants to see them. tell me if there are any errors.

I just noticed that Adkins name was wrong on the thing.

Also, the Great Falls Roster is in your mailbox :D

Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday all the roster pages will be completed :headbang

• 11 months later...
I'm working on getting pictures for almost every player, so we can all put a face on the guy.   :)

I pulled this up from last year, and want to know if the future sox guys think you can still do this? After, the roadtrip made by Jason and others, we should be able to get quite a bit of player pages up w/ pics of them, too... Wow, I am really bored. I have nothing to do, so I started looking at minor league stuff from last year like box scores and stuff, and came across this.

This can be moved to the FutureSox Board by a mod if they wish; I didn't mean for it to come up in the PaleHoseForum...

I pulled this up from last year, and want to know if the future sox guys think you can still do this?  After, the roadtrip made by Jason and others, we should be able to get quite a bit of player pages up w/ pics of them, too...  Wow, I am really bored.  I have nothing to do, so I started looking at minor league stuff from last year like box scores and stuff, and came across this.

This can be moved to the FutureSox Board by a mod if they wish; I didn't mean for it to come up in the PaleHoseForum...

We have quit ea few of the player pages done. I think I have around 200 photos and videos from the trip and the Knights mentioned they have quite a bit I can use. Their CD burner wasn't working so they weren't able to get them to me now.

We did have profiles done for pretty much everyone in AA and AAA. I think this offseason is a more realistic timetable. At the time of that thread FS was opne for a while, but we closed shortly after that and so during the offseason I didn't have much, if any time to do it. This offseason I will :)

Were working on switching to the new format, then the backend will really start coming together :headbang

We have quit ea few of the player pages done.  I think I have around 200 photos and videos from the trip and the Knights mentioned they have quite a bit I can use.  Their CD burner wasn't working so they weren't able to get them to me now.

We did have profiles done for pretty much everyone in AA and AAA.  I think this offseason is a more realistic timetable.  At the time of that thread FS was opne for a while, but we closed shortly after that and so during the offseason I didn't have much, if any time to do it.  This offseason I will :)

Were working on switching to the new format, then the backend will really start coming together  :headbang

Sounds great! :cheers I can't wait for all that to get done; it's gonna be awesome! :headbang