2009 Spring Training Schedule

Here is the 2009 Spring Training Shedule (Cactus League,not complete yet).

Master Schedule: Cactus League * = night game

February 25

LAD at CHC

SF at CLE

OAK at MIL

SEA at SD

February 26

MIL at CHC

AZ at CLE

OAK at LAA

SEA at SD

LAD at SF

February 27

SD at CLE

LAA at OAK

LAD at SEA

KC at SF

CHC at TEX

February 28

CWS at CHC

LAD at COL

CLE at OAK

SF at SEA

March 1

OAK at AZ

COL at CLE

MIL at LAD

CWS at SF

SEA at TEX

March 2

TEX at CLE

SEA at CWS

SF at KC

March 3

OAK at CHC

CLE at KC

LAD at SD

AZ at SF

March 4

CHC at CLE

SF at LAD

CWS at OAK

WBC at SEA*

March 5

WBC at OAK

CWS at LAD

LAA at SEA

OAK at SF

March 6

LAD at CHC

WBC at CLE

TEX at KC

SF at LAA

SEA at OAK

March 7

LAA at AZ

KC at CLE

SEA at LAD

CHC at MIL

OAK at SD

COL at SF

March 8

TEX at CHC

LAD at CWS

MIL at KC

SF at LAA

CLE at OAK

AZ at SEA

OAK at SF

March 9

KC at CHC

CLE at CWS

LAA at OAK

LAD at TEX

March 10

OAK at COL

CLE at LAA

AZ at LAD

CHC at SEA

SF at TEX

March 11

SEA at KC

CLE at LAD

CHC at SF

March 12

SD at KC

WBC at LAD

AZ at OAK

TEX at SEA

March 13

SEA at AZ

SEA at CHC

OAK at CLE

TEX at KC

TEX at LAD

SF at OAK

March 14

LAA at CHC

SEA at COL

AZ at KC

LAD at MIL

SF at OAK

CLE at SD

SD at SF

March 15

MIL at CLE

OAK at LAA

COL at LAD

CWS at SEA

KC at SF

March 16

SEA at CLE

CHC at MIL

LAD at OAK

LAD at SEA

LAA at SF

March 17

CHC at LAD

AZ at OAK

MIL at SF

CLE at TEX

March 18

SF at CHC

SEA at KC*

COL at LAD

March 19

CLE at MIL

CHC at SEA

SD at SEA*

CWS at SF

OAK at TEX

March 20

OAK at CLE

SF at CWS

LAD at KC

CHC at SD

MIL at SEA

March 21

KC at AZ

LAD at CLE

CHC at CWS

MIL at LAA

SF at OAK

OAK at SEA

SD at SF

March 22

SEA at CHC

CLE at COL

LAA at KC

TEX at LAD

SF at MIL

CWS at OAK

CHC at SEA

March 23

LAD at LAA

CHC at OAK

SEA at SF

March 24

SF at AZ

CWS at CLE

OAK at KC

SEA at LAD*

TEX at SEA

March 25

OAK at CWS

LAD at MIL

CLE at SD

March 26

LAA at CLE

LAD at COL

KC at SEA

CHC at SF

March 27

LAA at AZ

CHC at CWS

KC at LAD

SD at OAK*

COL at SEA*

CLE at SF

March 28

CLE at AZ

CHC at COL

LAD at CWS

TEX at KC

SEA at LAA

OAK at MIL

SF at SD

SD at SEA

March 29

CLE at CHC

SD at MIL

COL at OAK

KC at SEA

MIL at SF

LAA at TEX

March 30

SD at CLE

CHC at KC

OAK at LAD

MIL at SEA

TEX at SF

March 31

LAD at AZ

SEA at CLE

KC at OAK

SF at TEX

April 1

CHC at OAK

CLE at SEA

LAD at SF

April 2

CLE at CHC

LAA at LAD*

(Dodger Stadium)

SEA at SD

OAK at SF April 3

CLE at HOU

MIL at LAD*

(Dodger Stadium)

April 4

CLE at HOU

MIL at LAD*

(Dodger Stadium)

April 5

LAD at SF (AT&T Park)

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Where abouts are San Francisco's and Oakland's Spring Training Locations at in Phoenix (if I wanted to see the games b/w the 19th and 22nd)?

SF is in downtown Scottsdale...actually a pretty fun place to go see a game if you want to head out to some bars or restaurants close by afterwards. It's pretty much in Old Town Scottsdale.

Oakland (probably my least favorite one to go to)is in Phoenix down by the zoo (59th St-Van Buren). Not the greatest location unless you're looking to head back towards downtown on Van Buren and pick up some skanky hookers.

Edited by Wanne

Oakland (probably my least favorite one to go to)is in Phoenix down by the zoo (59th St-Van Buren). Not the greatest location unless you're looking to head back towards downtown on Van Buren and pick up some skanky hookers.

I've seen that part of town on the show The First 48.

Southwest airlines has about the best fares. I booked the Hampton Inn in Gendale near the hockey stadium. Looks like a decent place by a mall, but I'm not shure how the neighborhood is. It better be sunny and 85 out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just drove past it this morning...still A TON OF WORK left to do. Can't remember where I read this...maybe the AZ Rep...but they were supposed to have a tour by a few players and team personell earlier this week that was rained out. Seemed strange at the time to have something like that rained out...but after going by this am...it's still nothing but mud all the way around. Took my camera out there but couldn't even get close enough to take some pics. The practice fields on the south end (along Camelback...which I believe is Dodgers side) are done...but still...the stadium doesn't look close to being done nor the roads/lots into it. But they had a ton of people out there working...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
Just drove past it this morning...still A TON OF WORK left to do. Can't remember where I read this...maybe the AZ Rep...but they were supposed to have a tour by a few players and team personell earlier this week that was rained out. Seemed strange at the time to have something like that rained out...but after going by this am...it's still nothing but mud all the way around. Took my camera out there but couldn't even get close enough to take some pics. The practice fields on the south end (along Camelback...which I believe is Dodgers side) are done...but still...the stadium doesn't look close to being done nor the roads/lots into it. But they had a ton of people out there working...

A rep from the Sox called me from Camelback today. He said it wont be complete til Feb. Does anyone know if the Hotel Complex is completed, and what the name of it is? Better yet does anyone know where the Team Hotel is ? I would'nt mind staying there hanging out with players. It would be like a mini Soxfest, without the crowd. Soxfest West.

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
A rep from the Sox called me from Camelback today. He said it wont be complete til Feb. Does anyone know if the Hotel Complex is completed, and what the name of it is? Better yet does anyone know where the Team Hotel is ? I would'nt mind staying there hanging out with players. It would be like a mini Soxfest, without the crowd. Soxfest West.

What hotel complex?

QUOTE ('Wanne' date='Dec 24 @ 2008 -> 01:42 AM' post='1815111')
What hotel complex?

The site is located at 111th Avenue, west of the Loop 101 between Camelback Road and Glendale Avenue, and reaches across both Glendale and Phoenix city borders. The two-team facility will be the new home to the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, and in addition to state-of-the-art baseball facilities, the site will include, residential, restaurant and retail development, 4-Star hotel and 18-hole golf course, developed by Rightpath Limited Development Group

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
['Wanne' date=Dec 24, 2008 -> 01:42 AM' post='1815111]

What hotel complex?]

The site is located at 111th Avenue, west of the Loop 101 between Camelback Road and Glendale Avenue, and reaches across both Glendale and Phoenix city borders. The two-team facility will be the new home to the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, and in addition to state-of-the-art baseball facilities, the site will include, residential, restaurant and retail development, 4-Star hotel and 18-hole golf course, developed by Rightpath Limited Development Group

I can tell you there's not crap done right now...nothing out there except cotton fields at 111th Ave north of Camelback. I'd venture to say it'll be a few years before that's all done. Westgate did pop up pretty quick by the football stadium though. It'll be nice when it's all completed. Between that new area, Westgate and Arrowhead they'll be plenty of places to stay and go do things this part of the Valley. Westside ST will include...Goodyear (Indians), Glendale (Sox-Dodgers), Peoria (Padres-Mariners) and Surprise (Rangers-Royals)...not too shabby. I don't count Maryvale (Brewers) since it's a s***hole area.

I know there's a Comfort Suites the opened not too long ago that's within walking distance to the new park (623-271-9005).

Here's a quick little synopsis I found:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/...anch-hote-3563/

Here's another nugget in the above link that in regard to a previous question you had:

Closest to the stadium: Comfort Suites, Glendale, 1.4 miles to the stadium. This is the most convenient spot for going to games. In fact, it’s so convenient, the White Sox — who are sharing the stadium with the Dodgers — have pre-booked most of the rooms for the team’s employees.
Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
I can tell you there's not crap done right now...nothing out there except cotton fields at 111th Ave north of Camelback. I'd venture to say it'll be a few years before that's all done. Westgate did pop up pretty quick by the football stadium though. It'll be nice when it's all completed. Between that new area, Westgate and Arrowhead they'll be plenty of places to stay and go do things this part of the Valley. Westside ST will include...Goodyear (Indians), Glendale (Sox-Dodgers), Peoria (Padres-Mariners) and Surprise (Rangers-Royals)...not too shabby. I don't count Maryvale (Brewers) since it's a s***hole area.

I know there's a Comfort Suites the opened not too long ago that's within walking distance to the new park (623-271-9005).

Here's a quick little synopsis I found:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/...anch-hote-3563/

Here's another nugget in the above link that in regard to a previous question you had:

Thanks for the tip. Not shure if White Sox employees would include the players since they have less than 100 rooms, but I put a room on reserve anyway. I scored 4 tickets in Section 3 (just past the Sox Dugout) Row 1 on the Aisle for all 15 games in Glendale, although I will only use the last 5 games, I'll dump the first 10 games on soxtalk or e-bay.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
Was planning on getting a room in Phoenix. How far is Glendale from Phoenix?

Glendale and Phoenix are next to each other. In fact our new stadium is on land owned by Phoenix and Glendale, they share revenue I'm pretty shure.

March 4th and 5th are wrong on this schedule. I have not found a corrected one, but for anyone planning to travel to AZ for either of those days, be aware that the Sox will be playing in Vegas. No idea if the 6th on will remain the same. No one seems to know the answer to that.

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
Thanks for the tip. Not shure if White Sox employees would include the players since they have less than 100 rooms, but I put a room on reserve anyway. I scored 4 tickets in Section 3 (just past the Sox Dugout) Row 1 on the Aisle for all 15 games in Glendale, although I will only use the last 5 games, I'll dump the first 10 games on soxtalk or e-bay.

Many of the players that aren't staying at their homes or with friends are staying at either The Phoenician or The Biltmore.

Holy Marony!

Look at these Spring Training prices! I'm showing Arizona below for comparison, both 2009.

White Sox
Reg    Prm    Description
90    125    Home Plate Club 
30    35    Dugout Field Box 
26    30    Baseline Field Box 
26    30    Premium Field Box 
24    28    Infield Box 
18    20    Baseline Reserved 

Diamondbacks
Reg    Prm    Description
16    19    Field Level Infield 
13    16    Field Level Grandstand 
16    16    Covered Mezzanine 
9     9    Lower Bleachers 
6     7    Upper Bleachers 
5     6    Standing Room 
5     6    Lawn Seats

Screw these guys, I"ll just do road games during my trip. I'll see to it that they don't see a penny out of me or my group.

I'm very disappointed in the White Sox.

QUOTE (Steff @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
March 4th and 5th are wrong on this schedule. I have not found a corrected one, but for anyone planning to travel to AZ for either of those days, be aware that the Sox will be playing in Vegas. No idea if the 6th on will remain the same. No one seems to know the answer to that.

I do. The 3/4 & 3/5 games correct AND they will also play the cubs in Vegas. These are split-squad games. 1/2 the team goes to vegas and 1/2 the team stays in AZ. These are all away games for the Sox so I wont blame them for this scam, its thebankrupt Cubs. The 6th is a world Baseball game.ST Updated Schedule Link

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)

So, a warm version of Oakland then...

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
I do. The 3/4 & 3/5 games correct AND they will also play the cubs in Vegas. These are split-squad games. 1/2 the team goes to vegas and 1/2 the team stays in AZ. These are all away games for the Sox so I wont blame them for this scam, its thebankrupt Cubs. The 6th is a world Baseball game.ST Updated Schedule Link

If they stay split squad games then things will not change. From what I have heard the players are voting for everyone to travel to LV. And if they do stay split squad games those in Vegas will have the better time. And if they all go to Vegas the odds that the game on the 6th is changed is good.