Call Your Crazy!!

Steve9347

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks good on paper, statistically?

Pittsburgh would ask for a ton in return. He's anywhere from adequate/below average to great in CF, depending on who you talk to. I think he received quite a few Gold Glove votes in CF.

But it's the same old problem, we're going to have to give up Fields and Poreda (or something like that) to get him.

Well, if you're going to spend the money in the FA market on pitching, that's fine, but it also seems suicidal from our new financial-first perspective.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
I am going to predict Konerko & Jenks to the Angels for Figgins, Weaver and Willits.

Figgins 2b

Willits CF

TCQ LF

Thome DH

Dye RF

Alexei SS

AJ C

Viciedo 3b

Fields 1b

Not bad.

MB

Danks

Floyd

Weaver

Marquez/CR/AP

Not bad.

New closer between, Dotel, Thornton, Link, AP

Risky.

I like it. It's a long shot. That's why it's in the Call Your Crazy thread. Figgins would sooth my obsession for a major league leadoff hitter for the Sox and the lineup could be lethal if Willits can accomplish his .OBP hopes and Viciedo and Fields can hit. You could even do the Fields/Benemit platoon at 1st.

Here's some of my crazy predictions, or moves I wish KW would make.

*Trade Brian Anderson with a low-level prospect for Mark DeRosa.

(Have DeRosa start at 2B and have one of Getz/Lillibridge playing a back-up role with the other getting more time in AAA)

or

*Trade Lillibridge, Nix, Gilmore, and Santos Rodriguez to the Marlins for Hanley Ramirez.

(Put someone proven at either 2B or SS instead of Lillibridge/Getz. Put Hanley at SS and Alexei at 2B. Hanley would provide us with the speed element we would need while also providing some pop. We got a lot of prospects, we can flip them for someone like Henley who is still young and cheap for someone with his skills.)

or

*KW signs free agent Randy Wolf, who ends up being a serviceable #4 starter.

(Rather have a veteran for the 4th spot instead of 2 youngsters at #4 and #5)

or

*KW signs Juan Cruz (if he hasn't been signed yet) for the bullpen.

or

*Trade Brian Anderson, Lillibridge, Cole Armstrong and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Matt Kemp.

(This would never happen, too bad we never took advantage of the Dodgers' crowded outfield to pry loose either Kemp or Ethier.)

or

*Trade for Ty Wigginton from the Astros.

...too tired to think of any others right now...

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 03:58 AM)
*Trade Lillibridge, Nix, Gilmore, and Santos Rodriguez to the Marlins for Hanley Ramirez.

(Put someone proven at either 2B or SS instead of Lillibridge/Getz. Put Hanley at SS and Alexei at 2B. Hanley would provide us with the speed element we would need while also providing some pop. We got a lot of prospects, we can flip them for someone like Henley who is still young and cheap for someone with his skills.)

*Trade Brian Anderson, Lillibridge, Cole Armstrong and cash to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Matt Kemp.

(This would never happen, too bad we never took advantage of the Dodgers' crowded outfield to pry loose either Kemp or Ethier.)

The Hanley offer is just ludicrous and FLO would never negotiate with KW again if he legitimately offered that. It's probably take Poreda, Alexei, AND another top prospect to even start talks for Hanley.

The LAD offer is our scraps for their studs, another wowzer.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 03:07 AM)
The Hanley offer is just ludicrous and FLO would never negotiate with KW again if he legitimately offered that. It's probably take Poreda, Alexei, AND another top prospect to even start talks for Hanley.

The LAD offer is our scraps for their studs, another wowzer.

Yea, but you know how savvy KW can be sometimes. I mean, look at how he stole God from the Diamondbacks.

I just made some of those crazy predictions with KW's savviness in mind.

Besides, if the Marlins traded Willingham and Olson for what the got in return, then I don't see why it's not possible we can trade away some of our "valued" prospects such as Lillibridge for Hanley Ramirez. Plus, Florida is so dirt-cheap that they probably want Hanley's new contract off the payroll already.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 04:22 AM)
Yea, but you know how savvy KW can be sometimes. I mean, look at how he stole God from the Diamondbacks.

Besides, if the Marlins traded Willingham and Olson for what the got in return, then I don't see why it's not possible we can trade away some of our "valued" prospects such as Lillibridge for Hanley Ramirez. Plus, Florida is so dirt-cheap that they probably want Hanley's new contract off the payroll already.

Do you understand how incredible Hanley Ramirez is? Willingham and Olson don't have squat on Hanley. KW can have the savvy of everyone in the universe and he still wouldn't be able to pry Hanley away from the Marlins without giving up 1/2 the talent in our organization.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 03:22 AM)

Chris Carter's power has been compared to Ryan Howard's, though that's a bit extreme; it still paints a picture. That's who Williams gave up to get Quentin, and Quentin was coming off an injury plagued season as it was.

Williams really isn't savvy per se, he merely goes out and gets the guys he wants and isn't afraid to pay the price to get it. It's been a while since I've seen Williams make a big trade and knew right off the top of my head the Sox were the winners, perhaps since the Bartolo Colon trade prior to 2003.

Hanley Ramirez is by far the best shortstop in the game (even though he's mediocre in the field, that's how good he is at the plate) and probably the most talented offensive player in baseball. He's not going anywhere and if for whatever reason they do decide to move him they'll get several top 50/100 prospects and great young big league talent with little service time in return, not a couple White Sox projects and mediocre low level prospects.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 04:29 AM)
Chris Carter's power has been compared to Ryan Howard's, though that's a bit extreme; it still paints a picture. That's who Williams gave up to get Quentin, and Quentin was coming off an injury plagued season as it was.

Williams really isn't savvy per se, he merely goes out and gets the guys he wants and isn't afraid to pay the price to get it. It's been a while since I've seen Williams make a big trade and knew right off the top of my head the Sox were the winners, perhaps since the Bartolo Colon trade prior to 2003.

of course, borchard was compared to McGwire and Mickey Mantle....and Adam Dunn, lol

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 03:29 AM)

When he made the following trades I said immediately that the Sox won, and I still believe that to be true:

-Cotts for Aardsma and Vasquez (This didn't work out for either team but Cotts had turned into trash and Kenny got two live arms)

-Gload for Sisco (Even if it didn't work out for us in the end, anytime you can get a big lefty with that kind of stuff for a backup 1B with barely any power you win that deal. In hindsight, I wish we'd have spun Sisco elsewhere for a prospect or two.)

-Borchard for Thornton (Borchard was done, again Thornton was a big lefty with big potential still)

-Marte for Mackowiak (Marte was done here, and at the time Mack-o-Whack was one of the best bench options available, It's just that he happened to be misused, but he ended up getting us Link which could pay off in a big way if he can become a solid setup man.)

-Bajenaru for Cintron (nothing for a bench player who was unfairly hated here because of the amount of playing time he ended up getting, especially in 2007)

-Miles for Uribe (fringe IF for a toolsy SS)

-Javy for Flowers, Lillibridge, Rodriguez, Gilmore (very good value for a back-end starter)

-Rowand, Gio, and Haigwood for Thome & cash (it's Jim f***ing Thome, we easily won that from the moment it was announced)

-Loaiza for Contreras (garbage soon-to-be FA for another nice arm with big potential)

There may be more, but those are just the ones off the top of my head that as soon as the deals went down I loved and figured we'd easily won.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

My crazy prediction for today is the Cubs acquire Jake the Pussy. That's not all that crazy, but it will be crazy as to how they do it.

Cubs send Marquis + $6M to the Mets for Heilman

Cubs send Fukudome + $20M to the Phils for Carlos Castillo

Cubs send Felix Pie to the Orioles for Garret Olson

Cubs send Heilman, Castillo, Olson, Cedeno, Sam Fuld, and Micah Hoffpauir to the Pads for Jake the Pussy

Cubs are then lauded as fiscal geniuses who managed to deal for Peavy without giving up Vitters or even Sean Marshall. Jake the Pussy sings a song to celebrate and this somehow makes the front page, despite the fact that another quake hits the Pacific Rim and the resulting tsunami wreaks unparalleled devastation. Caulfied12 then has trouble posting about it with all the water in his living room and whatnot.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 07:26 AM)
Is that your crazy prediction (because it's not all that crazy) or do you know something the rest of us don't?

I guess the crazy part is that it will happen today. The way it was shot down, it will be surprising if the Sox do anything big the next couple days.

I'm still crossing my fingers for the Dye for Bailey/Dickerson trade. With us slotting Dickerson in LF, and Lillibridge at 2b. Giving us a crazy athletic roster that we haven't had since the Mike Cameron era.

Lillibridge

Dickerson

Q

Thome

Konerko

Missle

AJ

Fields

Anderson

Also, we had this debate already, but i'm still for a Dunn/Bradley signing, but if the Bailey trade goes through we'll call that a wash.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
His crazy move will be not doing any more moves for the rest of the offseason.

And if that's the case then my prediction is I go to 0 games next season! That would be a bad bad idea for this organization.. They go on to lose 100 games.

Look at the past 5 seasons when Kenny has made serious moves:

2003 Bartolo Colon 2nd place, made a run until late september

2004 No real eye catching moves, finished basically last2005 Dye, AJ, Podsednik, Vizcaino, El Duque, World Series

2006 Thome, Vazquez 90 wins

2007 No moves (unless you count Erstad) finished basically last

2008 Dotel, Linebrink, Swisher, Cabrera won division

So Kenny has to do something this off-season. The last 2 times he sat back we failed miserably! I am not going to go through that bulls**t again.

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
So Kenny has to do something this off-season. The last 2 times he sat back we failed miserably! I am not going to go through that bulls**t again.

Marquez, Betemit,Nunez,Gimore, Rodriquez, Flowers Lillbridge, Nix, Viciedo. Van Bendenschoten. Am I missing somebody? That’s not nobody, my friend.