Dahl off the air

Middle Buffalo

I'm sure if no one else picks him up, he'll do some sort of web show and hunt for sponsors himself. I believe Kevin Matthews did that, as did Mike North, but I don't know what kind of money that type of show would generate.

I haven't listened to him for many years (his act grew very stale to my ears), but he does have some loyal fans who would track down whatever type of show he decides to do.

As for what to listen to at work, how about the Adam Carolla Show?

http://www.971freefm.com/pages/podcast/43.rss

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
GOD DAMMIT. Is every radio station going for the Drex in the Morning format?

I loved Dahl on 104.3, him and Buzz had a great on-air relationship.

Things change so much over time. Buzz used to be Brandmeyer's sidekick/newsguy/harp player way back in the day.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
Things change so much over time. Buzz used to be Brandmeyer's sidekick/newsguy/harp player way back in the day.

IIRC Buzz took over for Meier in the news when Meier became Steve's full time sidekick. He later went to Johnny B's show. Prior to that Dahl did all these voices and stuff. Meier originally overlapped for about 15 minutes from the overnights.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
the obvious thing would be for steve and garry to reunite. on a good station in the afternoons they would get decent ratings.

I will now have their old jingle (to the tune of the Empire Carpet jingle" running through my head all day.

Steve and Gary, Scumbag , Worm Meat....Idiots

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
the obvious thing would be for steve and garry to reunite. on a good station in the afternoons they would get decent ratings.

But from what I understand of it all, Gary would probably say "when Hell freezes over I might consider teaming up with that guy again". From what I always heard, Gary never really liked Dahl.

With as much silence as there was on Steve's show, I would bet the only way anybody actually noticed his being gone was that there were voices on the radio during his time slot.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
But from what I understand of it all, Gary would probably say "when Hell freezes over I might consider teaming up with that guy again". From what I always heard, Gary never really liked Dahl.

With as much silence as there was on Steve's show, I would bet the only way anybody actually noticed his being gone was that there were voices on the radio during his time slot.

I thought Gary had stopped by a while ago and did part of a remote show with Dahl. The major rift was Gary wanted his personal life to stay personal and Dahl blew off Gary's wedding, then made fun of it while Gary was on his honeymoon.

Last I heard Gary's real estate career was pretty solid and more of a normal life than what radio could offer. One of the unusual glitches with their prior relationship was Dahl paid Gary directly, not the station. There may have been some friction from that as well.

Right now, I'm filling the time that I used to listen to Dahl with Boers and Bernstein. I used to listen to the Boers and McNeil years ago. I"ve never been a huge fan of Bernstein. I'd forgotten just how bad callers are after a Bears loss (I downloaded B&B starting last Monday - after the Vikings game). The Monday show was terrible as a result of the callers. I listened to Tuesday, also. Much better. Actually, any time they interview someone, it's good. When they open up the phone lines :o .

I think Dahl will be back, but I know his contract is guaranteed for 2+ more years. I don't see him rushing back unless he thinks he can be successful. He complained about the lack of ad support and the new rating system, so I think he'll wait it out for the right situation.