Obsessed with (the lack of) Sox off-season moves?

shipps

I dont know about the rest of you guys but I have become with obsessed with checking ST,radio,blackberry, etc. all day long just in the anticipation of the Sox making some kind of move. I remember doing that alot last off season but this year every time I get the chance Iam checking thinking, "this is gonna be a big news day for the Sox I could feel it". The potential for moves just really excites me and grabs my interest.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check SoxTalk several times a day and usually listen to ESPN 1000 on my way home from work. I suppose I'm hoping more than expecting a big move. I do think, however, that a move will be made some time after Christmas. I don't think it will be huge, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dye traded and/or a starting pitcher acquired.

Whenever my computer's on, I'm refreshing Soxtalk and MLBTR every 3-4 minutes just hoping for some sliver of White Sox news. All I'm ever hearing (on MLBTR anyway) is stuff on Teixeira, Manny, the Yanks, the Sawx, the Angels, and occasionally the Cubs.

I check Soxtalk just about daily, but not really for any big news, just cause I dig on baseball and this is just about the best thing to satisfy that hunger during the offseason (especially one as cold and f***ing ridiculous as this one has been this far). At this point I'm in a sort of a "surprise me" mode. I don't expect too much to take place until the new year, and even if then. Waiting for the Sox to make a move is sort of like waiting for Guns 'N Roses to drop Chinese Democracy. Hopefully when it happens the wait will have been just as worthwhile.

I check the main sites first cause there's too many 100 page rumor threads on here, but then there are times where you guys hear something on the radio and it's official when the main sites dont have it yet, so that's useful...

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
I check Soxtalk just about daily, but not really for any big news, just cause I dig on baseball and this is just about the best thing to satisfy that hunger during the offseason (especially one as cold and f***ing ridiculous as this one has been this far). At this point I'm in a sort of a "surprise me" mode. I don't expect too much to take place until the new year, and even if then. Waiting for the Sox to make a move is sort of like waiting for Guns 'N Roses to drop Chinese Democracy. Hopefully when it happens the wait will have been just as worthwhile.

And WAS Chinese Democracy worthwhile?

/hijack

initially I was checking a lot, but now I think there will be only minor moves. Only thing that intrigues me along the lines of something big is it looks like LAA pulled their offer to Teixeira and said they're out of it. The Yahoo article speculated that they'll look at PK and Dye in trade and Dunn and Burrel in FA. Obviously the Angels and Sox trades are now in their 100th spin in the rumor mill, but they make sense, so will pay some attention to that

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
And WAS Chinese Democracy worthwhile?

/hijack

Like you wouldn't believe. Hands down the rock album of the year, but given the wait it damn well better have been. Just don't listen to it thinking Slash and Duff are on it. Think of it as an Axl Rose solo album, or how Use Your Illusions (again, minus Slash...) would have turned out if it were released in 2008 instead.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Dec 21, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
When I'm looking for Sox news, I look here first. If news is breaking anywhere, it ends up on here shortly.

Couldn't agree more. I realized this back in 2004 when i became a member. Its still my #1 Sox source of breaking news and information. Not to mention in depth converstation and speculation that helps provide our indivuduality as Sox fans.

I sense people's frustration about a seeming lack of impact moves except to slash salary. We may have picked up some younger players, but are they ready to produce and contribute to the big league club? I personally have to step back and accept that the Sox will not ever be a contender for the likes of Sabathia, Burnett, Manny Ramirez or Mark Texeira. It seems only the yankmees have that kind of dough. I am hioping to see some of the good players still left on the FA market be targted by the Sox. We need to shore up our starting staff and maybe our bullpen as well as keep our eyes on 2B, SS, CF and 3B possibilities if the right move can be made. I want to compete for the pennant next season and I am not sure we are there at this time. I find myself checking several times a day on Soxtalk and the Chisox & MLB sites and I must remind myself that I have a job!!!

Well all I can say is what happens after next year when we average 18,000 a game? Hell we mind as well relocate this team to Montreal. I check this darn thing every day just like everyone else and get disappointed like everyone else. I think I will be negative just for them to prove me wrong. I think for me the one move and only move I really like is this Tyler Flowers kid. He could be a stud..other than that Bears need a win tonight!