Xbox 360 or Playstation 3

DaTank

Xbox 360 and PS3  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
  2. 2. Which gives you more bang for the buck?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
I have the 360 for XBOX Live in order to play Madden, NHL and COD against others but I miss MLB The Show terribly.

So which system do you like better? PS3 doesn't have something like Xbox Live?

Personally, I'd go PS3. Its multimedia functions are completely unmatched and really should be the central hub of everyone's entertainment center. You wouldn't think you need everything in one spot until you get a PS3. In terms of video games, 360 beats it definitly thus far. But the potential of PS3 is definitly much greater and plus it's got a huge advantage in having its own sports franchises(The Show, for example). The holiday line-up was great for PS3 and it's 2009 one looks even better. Plus you factor in free online gaming and the greatness that is HOME, I think those are deal breakers that go against the 360 and for the PS3.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
Personally, I'd go PS3. Its multimedia functions are completely unmatched and really should be the central hub of everyone's entertainment center. You wouldn't think you need everything in one spot until you get a PS3. In terms of video games, 360 beats it definitly thus far. But the potential of PS3 is definitly much greater and plus it's got a huge advantage in having its own sports franchises(The Show, for example). The holiday line-up was great for PS3 and it's 2009 one looks even better. Plus you factor in free online gaming and the greatness that is HOME, I think those are deal breakers that go against the 360 and for the PS3.

Thanks for the detailed review. I used to have a PS2, which broke, then I bought a Wii, which I didn't like, and now it's either 360 or PS3.

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 03:46 AM)
The Xbox online experience I'd say is larger and better, so that's why I went with the 360. Everyone knows what Xbox Live is and I couldn't even tell ya what the PS3 online experience is called.

It just launched last week. It's called HOME. I don't think it gets larger than a socially interactive MMO that helps you set-up online games. Very cool, very innovative.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I have PS3 and Id say Ps3 is the way to go for the future.

The main difference for you will be:

PS3 online is free, Xbox is $50.

PS3 just launched "home" its like eq for your online persona. You can play bowling and other games against people and its a full online environment. There is a movie theater, mall etc. Not sure what they are going to do with it, but it seems pretty interesting.

I think currently XBOX is equal or better then PS3, but in the future PS3 will be the better buy.

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
I've heard that a lot of people have mechanical problems with their 360's. Anybody on here have this problem?

I originally bought a 360, and it went bad about after a year or so. I exchanged it for a new one, and then that one went bad. After that I went with the PS3, and have had that for almost a year, and I like it much more than my 360. I enjoy the online play with PS3, and it's a blu ray player too.

If you all care about is sports games, then it really doesn't matter. MLB: The Show, which is generally considered the best baseball game on the market, is exclusive to PS3, but other than that, just about every sports game is available on both consoles. If the PS3's Blu-Ray functionality is appealing to you, go with that. If you're interested in other games, though, I recommend the Xbox 360, as it has more quality exclusives and a more polished overall library at this point in time (partly because it's been out a year longer). The PS3 has been gradually closing that gap, though, so you really can't go wrong with either. I own an Xbox 360 and Wii, and will be picking up a PS3 sometime in the future, as it's killing me not being able to play MGS4.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 11:58 PM)
If you all care about is sports games, then it really doesn't matter. MLB: The Show, which is generally considered the best baseball game on the market, is exclusive to PS3, but other than that, just about every sports game is available on both consoles. If the PS3's Blu-Ray functionality is appealing to you, go with that. If you're interested in other games, though, I recommend the Xbox 360, as it has more quality exclusives and a more polished overall library at this point in time (partly because it's been out a year longer). The PS3 has been gradually closing that gap, though, so you really can't go wrong with either. I own an Xbox 360 and Wii, and will be picking up a PS3 sometime in the future, as it's killing me not being able to play MGS4.

yep....you are missing out. :D