Xbox 360 or Playstation 3

DaTank

Xbox 360 and PS3  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
  2. 2. Which gives you more bang for the buck?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3

QUOTE (IrishSoxFan @ Dec 24, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
I bought a 360 for Christmas, but I'm waiting til tomorrow to open it up :) I'm one of the few people in the country who has never played XBOX360 OR PS3 yet. Never. Never picked up a controller. So I'm pretty psyched.

Wow, you're gonna love nex-gen consoles. ESPECIALLY if you have an HDTV.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $5 a month for Xbox Live isn't really that big of a deal, people always point out that it's $50 for the year, but it's not something you buy all at once. And it's not like you're paying for crap either, XBL is great.

Right but PS3 online is free.

So if I own my XBOX or PS3 for 4 years, I effectively pay $200 more on the XBOX purchase than on the PS3 purchase if I want to use the internet.

The reason I mention it is price is often the determining factor in Xbox vs PS3, and when you add in the extra internet charge the prices are about the same.

I'm hoping for a PS3 for Christmas. I really liked my XBOX, but Playstation just gives you more bang for your buck. That's why I asked for a PS3, and the fact that I feel sports games (which are really the only thing I play) are better on the PS3. Guess I'll know by tomorrow...

So, Santa brought me my PS3 this morning. I'm pretty pumped. Got NCAA Football 2009 and even though college football is about to end, I don't care. I absolutely love that game, and am about to start a dynasty with San Jose State or some other s***ty team, bring them to about 4 or 5-star caliber and then jump to another rebuilding project. That's how I enjoy that game. Don't like being a badass team and then easily winning all my games. Once my team gets in the "A" overall range, I jump ship.

That's the funnest way to play that game, rebuild teams.

I opened mine this morning and hooked it up, but it's messed up. I got NCAA Basketball 09 but everything in the menus is like to small, and its all blurry and I can't see it, so I have no idea how to set anything up. I don't have HD, so I've got it set up to the regular tv mode, does anyone have any ideas? Did I get a bad system? A bad game? Please help!!

My 360 is driving me insane... it keeps telling me that it either the disc is unreadable or it says the disc needs to be cleaned. I restart the 360 then it plays it. I don't know if I should send it in to get it looked at or what...any ideas?

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
My 360 is driving me insane... it keeps telling me that it either the disc is unreadable or it says the disc needs to be cleaned. I restart the 360 then it plays it. I don't know if I should send it in to get it looked at or what...any ideas?

Same thing is happening to my Madden 09, except its never working, wtf..

I've never had those problems with my 360, I mean I have had it tell me the disc is unreadable before (sometimes in the middle of a game) but it just does it once and then works when I restart it. Never persistently. My Wii just abruptly stopped working though... ugh. Gotta send it in for repairs.

You'd be f***ing nuts to get a 360. Aside from the constant fear it's going to die on you, it also does not include a BluRay Player nor games such as MLB 09: The Show.

The 360's heyday has already come and gone with Halo 3 and both Gears of War games. I don't see any future exclusives that will make it "the" system to own, and it's soon going to be a thing of the past. The 360 is currently being utilized 100%, while the PS3's graphical abilities are already there and will only get better.

The systems to own are Wii or PS3. I picked wrong when I got my 360 last year, but I was able to sell it for enough to get a Wii (to get the wife involved), but if I were picking just based on what would be the best bet for the future, I wouldn't think twice before going PS3.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
The 360's heyday has already come and gone with Halo 3 and both Gears of War games. I don't see any future exclusives that will make it "the" system to own, and it's soon going to be a thing of the past.

This is a big one. Microsoft has extremely few key exclusive 1st party titles, especially when compared to Nintendo and Sony. Their big 4, Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza, (and I struggle to even call those last two big) have all already launched with the 360 and probably aren't likely to see another iteration this gen.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
the scratched disc thing with xbox 360 does suck. i was playing it yesterday and my sister was over and barely moved the console and it went crazy and scratched my madden game rendering it unplayable.

I think this is what happened to my Madden game. What are you gonna do? I'm pretty sure you can get the disc resurfaced and it will be fine.

the scratched disc thing with xbox 360 does suck. i was playing it yesterday and my sister was over and barely moved the console and it went crazy and scratched my madden game rendering it unplayable.

Damn, that sucks. This is kinda stuff I don't want to deal with in a system. And as a few people have already mentioned, PS3's have Blu-ray capabilities. That'd look beautiful on the big screen in our basement. Does anyone know of any electronics stores that are having MAJOR sales today? I know Circuit City is closing a lot of it's stores and everything starts at 10% off and that KB Toys is having 40-50% off on everything for only today I believe.

EDIT: I just checked the KB Toys website, everything is at least 50% off and I would guess it's not only for today, it says they're going out of business.

Edited by jenks45monster

Blu rays have a protective coating too so most scratches don't happen(said to be able to stand up to steel wool). All my games bottoms look brand new.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE (IrishSoxFan @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)
I think this is what happened to my Madden game. What are you gonna do? I'm pretty sure you can get the disc resurfaced and it will be fine.

not sure what i can do, i went to Gamestop and they told me that the resurfacing thing they have sucks and it wouldn't help me out. i tried some home remedies i read about on the internet to fix scratched cd's, but none if it worked. i might just be out of luck, maybe i'll just replace my busted madden 09 with a cheap used madden 08.

After being a long time XBOX user I received the PS3 for xmas and was blown away. The PS3 is not just a video game console and a Blu-ray player, its a complete media center able to store multiple movies, games TV shows etc on one unit and play back at high definition on demand. The PS3 home is cool as well, but its clear that Sony sees the PS3 being an entertainment hub and the console has a ton of room to grow. For example, I already added a hard drive and have tons of movies stored on my PS3 without the hassle of having to care for DVD's and at a low cost. The games and Blu-ray have been amazing, but I think its the potential that really has me stunned.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
not sure what i can do, i went to Gamestop and they told me that the resurfacing thing they have sucks and it wouldn't help me out. i tried some home remedies i read about on the internet to fix scratched cd's, but none if it worked. i might just be out of luck, maybe i'll just replace my busted madden 09 with a cheap used madden 08.

Is it possible to return it? Most stores will let you exchange for the same title.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Don't buy your games from GameStop. They sell their old games as "new".

I've always been a little leary about the fact that their "new" games are always open and out of the package. I usually only stick to buying Gameboy games for my kids from there but we had to break down and buy 1 game from them for christmas. I was shocked when the guy at the counter gave me a game that was actually still sealed in the shrink wrap.

We questioned him and he said that they all come sealed unless it's the last one in stock. FWIW.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 02:20 PM)
I was shocked when the guy at the counter gave me a game that was actually still sealed in the shrink wrap.

We questioned him and he said that they all come sealed unless it's the last one in stock. FWIW.

Ha! Thats hilarious. I bought a game at gamestop this christmas that was used, but still a fairly new game. The guy goes, "Is this a gift?" and I told him it was, and he goes "Ill be right back"

He went in the back and resealed/shrink-wrapped the game so it looked brand new and handed it to me.

Dont be fooled by the shrink wrap ;)