Don't Talk At Movies

farmteam

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 02:09 AM)
What's so distracting about someone texting during a movie? I suppose they could have gone into the lobby, but at least they weren't talking on it. :huh

Staring at a super bright lit cell phone in a dark theater that goes off every time there's a text, is really annoying AND rude.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
Staring at a super bright lit cell phone in a dark theater that goes off every time there's a text, is really annoying AND rude.

And there is that whole "Turn your cell phone off to respect the people around you" announcement before every movie

Worst one I've experienced... I had a woman next to me get a call on her cell, and take the call and start talking. This was during a screening of Saving Private Ryan. You know the scene in that movie, near the end, where one of the US troops gets slowly stabbed to death? Yeah, that was when she decided to take the phone call.

I stared at her for a few seconds in disbelief. Then, I put up a hand in front of her face, with three fingers up. Then with two fingers up. Then one.

She hung up.

If I had gotten to zero, I literally was going to take her phone, hang up on the other party, and hand it back to her.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)
I'd like to say it was the middle finger, but I honestly don't recall. I was just so livid.

You better be careful with the finger trick. You might get shot doing something like that

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
This was a woman in her 40's with big jewelry and too much perfume, as I recall. I'm pretty sure she wasn't packing heat.

I bet the guy in Philly didnt expect that whackjob to be packing heat in his sweatpants ;)

Although Plaxico Burress has glorified the sweatpants hiding place

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
Does anyone still see ushers walking the aisles during movies? They should be inside the movie room at least once every 20 mins. looking for those kinds of people. I shouldn't have to miss part of the movie just to go find them.

At both Cantera and the theater on 95th & 59 the ushers are insane. I know they are doing a much needed service and I appreciate it, but sometimes they are so out of control it's not funny. Removing someone should not involve stopping the movie, turning on all the lights, and making an event out of it. The power trip and the fact that they are usually 16 years old is irritating.

QUOTE (Steff @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
At both Cantera and the theater on 95th & 59 the ushers are insane. I know they are doing a much needed service and I appreciate it, but sometimes they are so out of control it's not funny. Removing someone should not involve stopping the movie, turning on all the lights, and making an event out of it. The power trip and the fact that they are usually 16 years old is irritating.

Wow, I have never seen that happen.

Does anyone still see ushers walking the aisles during movies? They should be inside the movie room at least once every 20 mins. looking for those kinds of people. I shouldn't have to miss part of the movie just to go find them.

I wish someone would set up a texting system to the ushers to page them in if there's a problem. I know, I know, another person using a cell phone.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
From what I have heard though, this is supposedly Pitt's finest performance, so I guess I can understand the shooting. :unsure:

It certainly tested his range and probably his finest performance. You forgot it was "him". Which is the mark for me of a great performance.