Don't Talk At Movies

farmteam

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/27/movie....ting/index.html

(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

James Joseph Cialella was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons charges.

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.

Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.

An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and shot the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.

The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left arm, police said.

Cialella was carrying a Kel-Tec .380-caliber handgun clipped inside his sweatpants, police said. He was arrested and taken into custody.

What's always funny to me about these stories is not that someone got shot, but that someone else was carrying a gun into that particular place or situation. Why in the phuck do you need cannon at the movies?? A gun doesn't accidentally make it's way into your pants. This MFr decided to go the movies and thought "hmmm, I should get my gun."

Not quite as crazy, but when my sister was at a movie last year, the reverse kind of happened (no gun involved, but definite overreaction by the person being told to be quiet)... Some guy sitting a few people down from my sister told a woman in front of him to get off her phone a few times, and then she all of a sudden started freaking out and saying the guy kicked her seat and that her neck really hurt. She had to be taken out on a stretcher and the guy was arrested, even though my sister and others were trying to tell the cops the guy didn't do anything. The officers said they still had to take him to the station. I hate people sometimes.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
What's always funny to me about these stories is not that someone got shot, but that someone else was carrying a gun into that particular place or situation. Why in the phuck do you need cannon at the movies?? A gun doesn't accidentally make it's way into your pants. This MFr decided to go the movies and thought "hmmm, I should get my gun."

Of course not. I was born with it. High 5!

/Scrubs reference

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
I can understand the rage because I have been there myself but cmon you dont have to shoot someone over hearing dumbass Ben Button.

There are two sides to every story. I bet ( and hope ) that the guy probably asked them nicely and they were probably jerks about it. That doesn't justify shooting someone, but like you said, I can understand the rage.

Two examples:

I was at a Tom Petty concert once, in pavillion seats and of course everyone is standing. The girl in front of us decides to stand on her chair, blocking our view. I politely ask her to step down because we couldn't see the stage. Her BF looks back at me and says " she's not getting down". As you can imagine, it didn't end well.

Back in Chicago, I was driving around looking for a parking space once, when I notice a guy sitting in his car, double parked next to an empty parking space. I pulled up next to him and asked him if was gonna park there, he said no that he was just waiting for someone. So I asked him if he could move back a little so I could park in the empty space. His reply was simply "Nope" and he rolled his window up. Again, another bad ending.

Sorry, but people ask for it sometimes.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
There are two sides to every story. I bet ( and hope ) that the guy probably asked them nicely and they were probably jerks about it. That doesn't justify shooting someone, but like you said, I can understand the rage.

Two examples:

I was at a Tom Petty concert once, in pavillion seats and of course everyone is standing. The girl in front of us decides to stand on her chair, blocking our view. I politely ask her to step down because we couldn't see the stage. Her BF looks back at me and says " she's not getting down". As you can imagine, it didn't end well.Back in Chicago, I was driving around looking for a parking space once, when I notice a guy sitting in his car, double parked next to an empty parking space. I pulled up next to him and asked him if was gonna park there, he said no that he was just waiting for someone. So I asked him if he could move back a little so I could park in the empty space. His reply was simply "Nope" and he rolled his window up. Again, another bad ending.

Sorry, but people ask for it sometimes.

Hopefully the ending wasnt as bad for you as it was the other two guys

Because the guy who carried the gun didn't want to be a victim.

That's the excuse I hear from the wingers everytime something like this happens at a school or some other place where guns are banned.

Sorry for the political hijack, but where was this guy when I saw "The Nutty Professor 2" on a Sunday night in Joliet a few years back?

good stuff. it reminds me of another funny story that I heard where a guy was watching 300 and he yells at some girls down the isle to quit talking. One of the girls then comes walking up the isle yelling at him but he meets her half way and kicks her down the isle and yells I AM SPARTA!

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)

I just wanna thank you for showing me the perfect way to spell the word phuck on here.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
good stuff. it reminds me of another funny story that I heard where a guy was watching 300 and he yells at some girls down the isle to quit talking. One of the girls then comes walking up the isle yelling at him but he meets her half way and kicks her down the isle and yells I AM SPARTA!

Was this in the Caribbean or something?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
If you want to say it in past tense you can type "fuct," as in "I was really fuct up last night."

LOL

Or I could just try to articulate myself and not use cursing as an easy out. But there is no phuckin fun in that schit.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)

That didn't happen, but it's funny anyway.

I was with my sister at a movie this summer and some chick down from us turns her cell phone on and starts texting, with cell light a-blazing.

Towards the end, my sister yells down to them, "BOY IT WAS SURE HARD WATCHING THE MOVIE WITH YOU HAVING YOUR CELL PHONE ON!"

The guilty party slunk away from us and out the door as quick as they could - after the credits started rolling - before my sister got down to them.

:lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
I was with my sister at a movie this summer and some chick down from us turns her cell phone on and starts texting, with cell light a-blazing.

Towards the end, my sister yells down to them, "BOY IT WAS SURE HARD WATCHING THE MOVIE WITH YOU HAVING YOUR CELL PHONE ON!"

The guilty party slunk away from us and out the door as quick as they could - after the credits started rolling - before my sister got down to them.

:lol:

What's so distracting about someone texting during a movie? I suppose they could have gone into the lobby, but at least they weren't talking on it. :huh