The Bears Suck

Hawkfan

I was a little happy after watching the bears game yesterday, knowing that we wouldn't be able to embarass ourselves in the playoffs. The Bears this year were terrible. Many fans I hang out with are confused because of our improved offense this year, but it is still not great, and the defense has seriously regressed. There need to be some serious changes. Urlacher needs to get that back fixed or sac up and start playin some real football, Mike Brown needs to be released, and I'm not sure I want to get rid of Lovie but I sure am tired of seeing his perpetual blank stare on to the football field. Or is it just me?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta stand up for Mike Brown. That guy is a stud, and he has flat out busted his hump to come back from injuries that would have sent lesser men to the golf course. And Mike Brown at diminshed capacity is better than just about anything else the Bears could run out at DB. He may be finally done this time, but I've thought that several times before.

That said, I was disappointed the Bears lost, but I'll admit that this team was really hard to get behind this year. They were certainly a crappy 9-7.

I don't think you need to be a screamer to be a good NFL head coach, but I'd love to see Cowher here next year. It'll never happen though; Lovie isn't going anywhere.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
I gotta stand up for Mike Brown. That guy is a stud, and he has flat out busted his hump to come back from injuries that would have sent lesser men to the golf course. And Mike Brown at diminshed capacity is better than just about anything else the Bears could run out at DB. He may be finally done this time, but I've thought that several times before.

That said, I was disappointed the Bears lost, but I'll admit that this team was really hard to get behind this year. They were certainly a crappy 9-7.

I don't think you need to be a screamer to be a good NFL head coach, but I'd love to see Cowher here next year. It'll never happen though; Lovie isn't going anywhere.

I give plenty of props and respect to mike brown, but I'm just sick of seeing it.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
Yes, but he'll probably get another incentive filled 1 year contract.

I threw that in there because you said he should be released which would be the wrong term, that's all.

Having said that bringing back Brown is probably better than anything else the Bears could possibly acquire, short of chloroforming Ozzie Newsome and getting him to trade Ed Reed for a set of shoulder pads.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
If sucks=just missing the playoffs and having 9 wins, then yes they suck.

Um, they lost to the Texans in a must-win game. They suck.

I doubt the Pats are happy about missing, and they had 11 wins. The Bears needed to beat a .500 team to get in the playoffs. That's it. The Eagles destroyed the Cowboys when they needed to win. They do not suck.

The Bears suck.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
this team is going to suck in the coming years. sooo many holes, terrible drafting, poor development.....

Really? Graham, Olsen, Forte, Beekman, Briggs, Payne, and Harrison all were impressive this year and, I believe, the only one who's 30 is Briggs, and the others are all 27 or younger.

I wouldn't say we have so many holes. Get a weapon at WR (Boldin, Houshmanzadeh) and get a solid RT, FS, and an OG through the draft. Do that, and we win 10 next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
Um, they lost to the Texans in a must-win game. They suck.

I doubt the Pats are happy about missing, and they had 11 wins. The Bears needed to beat a .500 team to get in the playoffs. That's it. The Eagles destroyed the Cowboys when they needed to win. They do not suck.

The Bears suck.

And the Texans were great at home this year and they have the 3rd ranked offense. You act like since it was Houston all the players and fans should cry themselves to sleep every night until September 8, 2009.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

Houston is only part of what I'm looking at. When the bears were faced with a quality opponent the defense stood out as a big flaw. I will say that I give the bears credit for hanging in there with a pretty tough schedule, but they wouldn't have faired well in the playoffs at all.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
Really? Graham, Olsen, Forte, Beekman, Briggs, Payne, and Harrison all were impressive this year and, I believe, the only one who's 30 is Briggs, and the others are all 27 or younger.

how many on an NFL roster? you named 7 guys. other than briggs and forte the best guy is our punter. Beekman sucks BTW. That entire O-Line sucks. Hopefully Williams can be decent.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
how many on an NFL roster? you named 7 guys. other than briggs and forte the best guy is our punter. Beekman sucks BTW. That entire O-Line sucks. Hopefully Williams can be decent.

Yes, this team needs another OG, but what are you basing this on?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
If sucks=just missing the playoffs and having 9 wins, then yes they suck.

It doesn't suck. But I don't like the (they won 9 games when most predicted they'd go 5-11 or 6-10 argument). First of all, who gives a s*** about preseason predictions. I swear in every sport so much is made about who predicted this and who predicted that. You go out and play the games and see what happens. Second, of the 9 games we won only three of them can be considered quality wins. Colts/Eagles/Vikings. I think by now most realize the Colts win was a fluke with a capital F. We caught them at exactly the right time (I.E. Manning was not ready for the season to begin). We'd lose by 30 if we played them now. And the two sloppy wins against the Eagles and Vikings at home were nothing to get real loud about. We took semi advantage of an extremely weak schedule.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
Houston is only part of what I'm looking at. When the bears were faced with a quality opponent the defense stood out as a big flaw. I will say that I give the bears credit for hanging in there with a pretty tough schedule, but they wouldn't have faired well in the playoffs at all.

This is a joke, right? Our schedule sucked. And we lost to every good team we played.

Well even though they pissed their pants in 3 of those 4 games, the NFCS was tough. The AFCS was arguably the best division in football last year, this the Colts and Titans are still good, the Texans are a pretty solid, middle of the road team. The Jaguars completely fell off though.