Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the past several years, I always get the new White Sox calendar, but think I want to rebel and get something different. I used to get any one Jenny McCarthy put out bak in the day.

What should I get? And No! No puppies or kittens!

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
For the past several years, I always get the new White Sox calendar, but think I want to rebel and get something different. I used to get any one Jenny McCarthy put out bak in the day.

dogs or cats imo.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)

Puppies AND kittens!

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)

My mom got me the 2010 one for Christmas, it has Thome, Dye and wait for it... JOSH FIELDS on it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Dumb question.. what is the difference between a netbook and a laptop?

A netbook is nothing more than a small, light weight laptop that is designed for internet access and little else. Of course, today's netbooks probably have more power than my 4 year old laptop.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)

I love my Edward Gorey calender.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
In a word, Size. Everything is smaller with a netbook. Size, power, price, memory.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
A netbook is nothing more than a small, light weight laptop that is designed for internet access and little else. Of course, today's netbooks probably have more power than my 4 year old laptop.

Cool. Thanks. I was thinking about getting something to do audio editing for a radio show, so I probably should go with something that has some RAM to it, huh?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Cool. Thanks. I was thinking about getting something to do audio editing for a radio show, so I probably should go with something that has some RAM to it, huh?

Yeah probably. I don't know a ton about netbooks or about audio editing, but a quick glance at the specs on BestBuy.com tells me that most have 1GB of RAM and run an Atom processor, which might not be capable of handling more RAM. In any event, I'd guess 1 GB of RAM isn't enough to do serious editing, and the Atom processor is built to be small, not to be blazing fast.

Also, you might need better audio cards and more device inputs and outputs. Netbooks are fairly basic to keep costs down.

Edited by G&T

So I have internet access at my new place finally. I was a total cheapass and got the slow version of internet which is only like 18 bucks a month as opposed to the super fast cable. I personally can't tell the difference, although I don't do a whole lot of streaming stuff.

It is still faster than DSL though.

Well to close off this years catch all I decided to get in an accident on the Dan Ryan with a Semi truck and totaled my car. Glad to be alive folks. Nothing but bumps and bruises but I thank God it wasnt way worse cause I thought I was a dead man.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Well to close off this years catch all I decided to get in an accident on the Dan Ryan with a Semi truck and totaled my car. Glad to be alive folks. Nothing but bumps and bruises but I thank God it wasnt way worse cause I thought I was a dead man.

good thing you got that whole license plate thing taken care of

Glad you are ok, SHIPPS. I remember being in an accident where my car was totaled. Happened so fast and no what you mean. Thought I was a dead man and felt helpless.

It could of been worse.

Seriously? Hope you're ok.

Wow. Glad to hear you are OK!

Thank you for the well wishes guys. I am thankful for my life after something like that.

LMAO at Kyle. I went through so much trouble and money trying to get my car to pass the emissions so I can get my plates just to let it get crushed by a truck. Whadayagunnado.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Thank you for the well wishes guys. I am thankful for my life after something like that.

LMAO at Kyle. I went through so much trouble and money trying to get my car to pass the emissions so I can get my plates just to let it get crushed by a truck. Whadayagunnado.

Get a new one I suppose

Ok, you too? That's crazy that something like that could happen to both of us and neither of us really got hurt. Glad to hear you're ok, man.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)

Awwwww....

I liked that car. :crying