Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on tuesday and am not looking forward to it...at all.

I had it done when i was about 16, I was knocked out and when I woke up it was done, and that was the best way for me to do it. People tell me about being awake through the procedure, thats not for me. If I could be knocked out for every dental procedure I would be a happy camper.

Its strange, some people are out of commission for a few days, bruising and swelling, other people go right back to work with no loss of time.

Everybody reacts to it differently. I had swelling for a couple of days and it hurt pretty bad but the Percocet made it ok (I went under, btw - the Army did it so cost/insurance wasn't a concern). I was willing to put up with it to get rid of those f***in things though, I hated my wisdom teeth.

Edited by lostfan

The last week I have been getting incredibly bad 80's movie soundtrack songs stuck in my head. I mean terribly, horribly, no-good really really bad songs stuck in my head.

Yesterday? "She's like the Wind" Dirty Dancing. Thank you wife for watching Dirty Dancing on Encore. I really appreciated that.

Now? Not so bad, but I have the Ghostbusters theme in my head. And it wont go away

The worst part about getting my wisdom teeth out was the gauze not doing anything to help stop the bleeding. I ended up putting some paper towel back there and dried that stuff up fast.

Sounds off, but it worked.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
The worst part about getting my wisdom teeth out was the gauze not doing anything to help stop the bleeding. I ended up putting some paper towel back there and dried that stuff up fast.

Sounds off, but it worked.

The gauze didn't work too well for me either. I remember being woken up by a friend and being told there was a trail of blood down the side of my face and a small stain on my Sox WS champs shirt.

Needless to say, like a true fan I was only worried about the shirt.

Oh, I thought it was fun.....the nitrous can make you loopy....I wanted to talk during the procedure.

It's the painful gums afterwards that suck more. Trust me, the part in the dentist's office isn't bad at all if they know what they are doing.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Oh, I thought it was fun.....the nitrous can make you loopy....I wanted to talk during the procedure.

It's the painful gums afterwards that suck more. Trust me, the part in the dentist's office isn't bad at all if they know what they are doing.

That's for sure. I was so out of it that I tried to run back inside b/c I told my mom they hadn't done the surgery yet. She said I was laughing, being like "they haven't even taken out my wisdom teeth yet. Why are we leaving?" I was in la-la land.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
If you've never had nitrous.....get it.

You seriously won't give two s***s that they're ripping teeth out of your head. It's awesome.

They knocked me out, if I remember correctly. The pain killers ruled though.

Not really sure where to put this, but I just started watching Entourage last week because I've always heard how awesome of a show it is. Anyway, I've watched Seasons 1-3 in the last week, and will be starting on Season 4 tomorrow. Those were the only seasons I bought, though, because I heard Season 5 was bad. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this show is awesome. Absolutely hilarious, mainly Johnny Drama.

"Not in my town... Not in any of my 5 towns."

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
Well... looks like I won't have to quit afterall.. :) Everything did work in my favor. (for the most part) Hopefully in a month or so I will have a deal on an apartment done.

Im sure your mom is thrilled

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 4, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
The gauze didn't work too well for me either. I remember being woken up by a friend and being told there was a trail of blood down the side of my face and a small stain on my Sox WS champs shirt.

Needless to say, like a true fan I was only worried about the shirt.

I had been taking a nap not realizing the bleeding didn't stop yet, I was living in barracks at the time so my friend stops by to bring me some jello or juice or something. My door was cracked open so she just walked in and I sat up with blood all on my face and pillow. lol. She thought my roommate had beat my ass or something.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 08:10 AM)
Not really sure where to put this, but I just started watching Entourage last week because I've always heard how awesome of a show it is. Anyway, I've watched Seasons 1-3 in the last week, and will be starting on Season 4 tomorrow. Those were the only seasons I bought, though, because I heard Season 5 was bad. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this show is awesome. Absolutely hilarious, mainly Johnny Drama.

VICTORY!!!!!

Anyways, I had a very scary situation last night. I was basically out with a big group having brunch and getting pretty drunk. It was getting pretty late, and I was sitting at the bar.

The next minute, I'm sitting in an ambulance with a mate. Apparently, I walked off down the street without tellin anyone, my mate ran after me, and accidently tripped me from behind, and I fell head first onto the sidewalk, and I wasn't getting up. So he callled an ambulance, and I ended up in the Emergency Room, sitting there for 3 hours until someone finally came and saw us, and all I needed was a big bandage for the gash on my head, no stitches or anything.

But right now writing this, I have grazes all over the right side of my body, my right hip is very sore, and I still feel a bit dizzy / concussed.

EDIT: OH and my Camera and Phone are both broken (well the phone screen is, and I have a warranty on my camera).

I'm also a bit worried at how much the whole thing is going to cost (apparently I gave them my bank card, and my insurance card).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)

Turtle, Drama and Ari are by far the funniest to me.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)

Season 5 was quite entertaining IMO. You can't believe everything you read.

The amount of people at the gym right after New Year's is f***ing hilarious because you know why they're there, and you know you won't see any of them again after 2 weeks.

Edited by lostfan