Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Since so many people here ask for girl advice, I will too! If a girl is flirty with you almost at all times when you see her, texts you a lot, and then sends you a partial nudie picture, does she want you? I'm unsure on this one.

Does she live in Russia?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
I feel like Iam being f***ed with. I could be wrong, but I definetly get the feeling like Iam a part of an evil joke around here.

Imagine how Jas feels after his mysterious penis issue.

So I found out a mouse was living in my room yesterday and set two of those sticky traps hoping to catch it. Well, there was nothing there this morning, but when I came back from class, the mouse was stuck and shrieking trying to get itself free. Then I felt bad b/c it looked so helpless, but I got a shovel and put it in our dumpster anyway. Poor little guy...

On that note, should I set more traps? Is it likely there would be other mice living in my room too? Gotta love piece of s***, college-student houses...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
So I found out a mouse was living in my room yesterday and set two of those sticky traps hoping to catch it. Well, there was nothing there this morning, but when I came back from class, the mouse was stuck and shrieking trying to get itself free. Then I felt bad b/c it looked so helpless, but I got a shovel and put it in our dumpster anyway. Poor little guy...

On that note, should I set more traps? Is it likely there would be other mice living in my room too? Gotta love piece of s***, college-student houses...

You got lucky it didn't happen in the middle of the night. The shrieking would've woken you up. Yes, set more traps.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)

Set ,ore traps, but put the poor things out of their misery rather than letting them die a slow painful death stuck to the glue trap.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
I hate glue traps.

Better to use the snap traps in a paper lunch bag.

Then, they're dead, and you can fold up the paper bag and put it in your trash dumpster.

Yep. You can quickly euthanize a mouse by grabbing its head and popping it forward, but that is essentially what the snap traps do.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
Set ,ore traps, but put the poor things out of their misery rather than letting them die a slow painful death stuck to the glue trap.

Yeah, I think I'll stay about from the sticky traps. I mean, I was pissed when I realized a mouse had gotten into my food, so I was determined to catch it. I was like, "F--- this mouse." But once I saw it like that on the sticky trap, I felt awful for the little guy. My friends said to crush its neck, but I felt too bad. I took the pussy way out and left it outside. I should have just gotten one of those old fashion traps that snap down on it.

Btw, to the others who responded, thanks for the input. Unfortunately, you all seem to think I have other mice, so that sucks. Guess I'll be setting another trap tonight.

We once had rats in my uncle's house that were getting in through a hole in the basement wall or something. Let me tell you, rats are f***in gangsta, they just plain do not take s*** off humans just because we are bigger. I tried to stare one down once when it climbed in from the bathroom and I was in the dining room playing video games, it walked towards me, stared, and turned around and walked away.

Well, we set a couple of big glue traps, the next morning I woke up ready to go to school and my brother and I heard a shrieking sound so he goes in the kitchen and he's like "OH MY GOD THIS IS DISGUSTING COME LOOK!" and not only was the rat stuck in the trap, but it had chewed off one of its legs trying to get out and it was working on another one, there was blood and dirty hair all glued to the floor.

Let's just say that was rather unpleasant... we got rid of the rest of them by poisoning them. I couldn't eat for about 2 days after that, lol.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
We once had rats in my uncle's house that were getting in through a hole in the basement wall or something. Let me tell you, rats are f***in gangsta, they just plain do not take s*** off humans just because we are bigger. I tried to stare one down once when it climbed in from the bathroom and I was in the dining room playing video games, it walked towards me, stared, and turned around and walked away.

Well, we set a couple of big glue traps, the next morning I woke up ready to go to school and my brother and I heard a shrieking sound so he goes in the kitchen and he's like "OH MY GOD THIS IS DISGUSTING COME LOOK!" and not only was the rat stuck in the trap, but it had chewed off one of its legs trying to get out and it was working on another one, there was blood and dirty hair all glued to the floor.

Let's just say that was rather unpleasant... we got rid of the rest of them by poisoning them. I couldn't eat for about 2 days after that, lol.

One of my friends had a rat that would venture into his room last year, so he set a sticky trap one night. When he woke up the next morning, the sticky trap was half-way across the room with no rat. You're not kidding when you say those things are "gangsta."

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)
My uncle had some kind of a big metal box trap for mice and rats. I was a kid, but from what I remember, the rat climbs into the box and gets trapped in it somehow unharmed.

Yeah, those are 'Hav-A-Heart' traps, and you can get them in several sizes. I used to use the small ones in my mammalogy class as an undergrad to catch mice and voles and shrews and such to either do mark and recapture studies or to collect specimens for the required skin collection you had to submit for a grade at the end of the semester. That's where I learned the mostly useless art of euthanizing rodents by popping their widdle skulls out of place.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Yeah, those are 'Hav-A-Heart' traps, and you can get them in several sizes. I used to use the small ones in my mammalogy class as an undergrad to catch mice and voles and shrews and such to either do mark and recapture studies or to collect specimens for the required skin collection you had to submit for a grade at the end of the semester. That's where I learned the mostly useless art of euthanizing rodents by popping their widdle skulls out of place.

If you're an animal lover, stop reading this now.

My uncle would take the mice out of the 'hav-a-hart' trap, dump them into the toilet and then using a long wooden stick, he'd pin the mouse to the bottom of the bowl until it drowned. You have no idea how hard a mouse will fight to stay alive. They'd stretch their bodies out in an attempt to get air. It would take a full 5 minutes to put one down. Then he'd flush it.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 01:04 PM)
If you're an animal lover, stop reading this now.

My uncle would take the mice out of the 'hav-a-hart' trap, dump them into the toilet and then using a long wooden stick, he'd pin the mouse to the bottom of the bowl until it drowned. You have no idea how hard a mouse will fight to stay alive. They'd stretch their bodies out in an attempt to get air. It would take a full 5 minutes to put one down. Then he'd flush it.

LOL, whats even the point of having that trap? if you are going to kill them, at least make it quick

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
I'd assume so. Any kind of history with the girl? If she's not into you, this is one of the biggest teases i've ever heard of.

Nah no history, and I was being completely sarcastic, I know she's into me. I'm just not sure if I want to hit it or not. And no, she doesn't live in Russia. :lol:

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Just a FYI, we're up to 4200 members now.

Soxtalk keeps growing and growing. :)

Yeah and what is even more awesome is that the number of people that actively post is up to 39.

:P

Tonight: Clear, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -35. North northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Thursday: Sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -40. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Ugh.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Tonight: Clear, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -35. North northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Thursday: Sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -40. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Ugh.

And I thought it was cold enough over here.

How do you seriously put up with that?