WHITE SOX TO AWARD TWO FANS WITH A PAIR OF SEASON TICKETS

SoxComms

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WHITE SOX TO AWARD TWO FANS WITH A PAIR OF SEASON TICKETS

Team will Reward Two Fans with a Pair of Lower Box Seats

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox today announced the team will award two fans with a pair of lower box season tickets (split-season) through a special sweepstakes on whitesox.com. The giveaway, the first of its kind on whitesox.com, was created by the organization in appreciation for support from loyal fans throughout the years.

Fans are eligible to win split-season tickets by becoming registered users at whitesox.com. To enter the sweepstakes, fans must visit whitesox.com. Registering at whitesox.com is free.

“White Sox fans indeed are some of the most loyal and passionate fans in all of baseball,” said White Sox vice president and chief marketing officer Brooks Boyer. “We experienced that passion last season – from Opening Day to the ‘Blackout’ playoff game to the postseason. During these challenging fiscal times, giving true White Sox fans a chance to win the season tickets is a small gesture to show our continued gratitude for that undying support.”

The White Sox 2009 Split Season Ticket Sweepstakes launched today and runs through January 21. Fans must be at least 18-years-old and residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin to participate in the sweepstakes. The winners will be announced the week of SoxFest (week of January 26).

Full sweepstakes rules, along with the entry form, are available at whitesox.com.

-30-

© 2009 Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
It's a nice PR story and all... but how about rewarding the existing season ticket holders who, in these financially challenging times, support the White Sox passionately and unconditionally.

It is anice organizational move, but I wish there was something for us fans from the sticks. But, it's true the Chicago area fans get to go to games and thus support the Sox financially. I do what I can by buying a T-shirt or hat off Chisox.com

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I can't find the entry form, anyone got a link?

yeah me neither. I just registered at the site thinking I'd get an email. but I forgot that goes to mlb.com and anyways I couldn't find it on the site. nothing like tricking people!