2005 White Sox World Series Highlights

knightni

They're promoting it as the Sox - who went wire to wire, winning 99 games and blew through the playoffs - are the underdogs to the "powerful" Astros - who just happened to barely win the wild card with 89 games.

HOU - .256 161 HR 654 RBI

CWS - .262 200 HR 713 RBI

yeah...

It's always amusing to see how the national media mangles stories about the Sox...

Anyone see the 1.5 hour MLB show this weekend on the 1982 "Bambi's Bomber" Brewers? A pure paean to Bud Selig's team, by Bud Selig's network (albeit with not-so-flattering footage of Bud inhaling while Cecil Cooper manhugs him). It would be interesting to see them do something similar on the 05 Sox, but I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 05:07 AM)
They're promoting it as the Sox - who went wire to wire, winning 99 games and blew through the playoffs - are the underdogs to the "powerful" Astros - who just happened to barely win the wild card with 89 games.

HOU - .256 161 HR 654 RBI

CWS - .262 200 HR 713 RBI

yeah...

Are mods allowed to have...what the heck is that, the Wonder Girls from Korea (???) animations in their profiles?

What is the world coming to? :lolhitting

Speaking of "Sox Pride," is there a Girls of Sox Pride calendar coming soon? Wow...I'm not sure what that girl is (maybe Asian) but she's a candidate to be the next "Kissing Bandit."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
I've got the games DVD set, is this program what that other DVD is?

Don't think so...I have the DVD set too (I watch it every winter), but this MLBN show is just 1 hour long...Suspect it will be a new take on the 05 series, especially with the comments about the "underdog Sox"...maybe, in the eyes of the national media (MLBN), since the Astros finished ahead of the mighty Cubs and then bested St. Louis, that somehow made them the favorites, versus Ozzie's "team of unknowns"...MLBN, don't blame anyone but yourself if you don't know about the White Sox!!!

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
I've got the games DVD set, is this program what that other DVD is?

There's the DVD box set (seven discs), and the one disc World Series DVD. They will be playing this on Friday. They actually played it several times before January 1st.