Chris Berman

mreye

Instead of calling the big shots with some drama, he calls everyone just the same, whether it's 380 or 580 feet. Being at home, i'd expect the commentator to give me some sort of idea where this ball is going to end up.

I totally agree. Did anyone else hear Berman use "And that one landed in Lake Michigan" or something like that and it was the shortest homerun Pujols hit. I think Berman just uses those phrases just to use them and doesnt really care when he uses them.

Harry Caray was entertaining to listen to and he made the game fun.

Chris Berman uses way too many catch phrases and nicknames and knows little about the game of baseball if you listen to him. He badgers everything into the ground. In a word, annoying.

Harry Caray wasn't annoying. I wouldn't compare the two.

I think the reason that they use Chris Berman because he is entertaining to the general public, and kids and clueless sports fans like all of his nicknames and catchphrases. I think ESPN could have made a better choice as who the announcer would be as well, but I think they wanted Berman's flare for the dramatic. I think Berman is alot like Vitale though, people just like emotional annoucers.

Chris Berman uses way too many catch phrases and nicknames and knows little about the game of baseball if you listen to him. He badgers everything into the ground. In a word, annoying.

I think the reason that they use Chris Berman because he is entertaining to the general public, and kids and clueless sports fans like all of his nicknames and catchphrases. I think ESPN could have made a better choice as who the announcer would be as well, but I think they wanted Berman's flare for the dramatic. I think Berman is alot like Vitale though, people just like emotional annoucers.

I would consider my mom a "casual fan", but she knows enough baseball, at least about the sox and cubs, and she couldn't stand him. So if they are trying to appeal to the casual fan and general public, i don't think they did that with great success. Of course, that's only one account...but i can't find many people that like the guy at all.

I definitely like him on ESPN's NFL programs. I think there are people better suited to do basebabut I won't say that he is the worst by any means.

I definitely like him on ESPN's NFL programs. I think there are people better suited to do basebabut I won't say that he is the worst by any means.

Am I suited enough to do basebabut?