Who will the Bears draft come april?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
I'm still bitter. I'll give you Forte, Hester and a couple of the guys on defense. And yes, the Lions Suck.

Bitter is fine, saying that other teams have done better is fine, saying that the Bears have sucked in particular at the offensive skilled positions is fine, but suggesting that the Bears are one of the worst in the league in the draft just doesn't follow from what they've done over the years. At worst, they're average, solid on the D-side and weak on the O-side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
Bitter is fine, saying that other teams have done better is fine, saying that the Bears have sucked in particular at the offensive skilled positions is fine, but suggesting that the Bears are one of the worst in the league in the draft just doesn't follow from what they've done over the years. At worst, they're average, solid on the D-side and weak on the O-side.

I made a cynincal comment. In no way, did I suggest that the Bears drafted the worst. That suggestion was made by the following poster.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Iam sure someone from Vandy. I will put money on it.

haha i actually think its a possibility .... though probably slim

If the organization really wants to move peanut to FS and with Vashers status in doubt they could be looking for a CB...DJ Moore projects to go somewhere in the early 20s...but I think the bears will go with position of greater need, and also I think moore doesn't really fit as a Cover 2 CB...not physical enough

I do think a guy I would absolutely love the bears to target in the later rounds (5th ish) is a safety from Vandy...reshard Langford...He's a perfect cover 2, bears type Safety...big hitter, ball hawk type guy who makes big plays

The biggest needs for this team are S, DE, WR, and Oline help...oh and QB of course. I don't think Oline is the most pressing need, so I think they will wait (especially since OG don't go early) til later rounds. Safety is so weak this year I think they actually might try to get by with what they have. So most likely I think they will go DE or WR depending on whats there. At this point names are too difficult to tell, but those are the positions i think they will target. If sanchez is there I would love him, big time arm, accurate, mobile, can make all the throws. A position nobody mentions is Strong side LB...production there was horrible last year. Cushing would look good, but again, there are bigger needs probably.

Angelo thrives in the second round and on. It's usually where he does very, very well. (though the past couple seasons there have been more misses than hit) Other than Olsen (which was an obvious pick) and of course Urlacher, etc.. our first round picks are usually... ill be nice... not good/or bust.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Angelo thrives in the second round and on. It's usually where he does very, very well. (though the past couple seasons there have been more misses than hit) Other than Olsen (which was an obvious pick) and of course Urlacher, etc.. our first round picks are usually... ill be nice... not good/or bust.

Tommy Harris says hi.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)

Urlacher was a Mark Hatley pick

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 08:25 AM)
Angelo has to take the highest talent WR in the first round. We can't ignore this position any longer or continue to try to survive on other retreads. Hester needs to be returned to his primary duties of kick and punt returns.

Yes we can...get a WR in free agency. Why? Because Kyle Orton isn't the QB of the future for this team. Meaning...a good QB can make the WRs better.

In order: DE, QB, WR, S.

Edited by CanOfCorn

Maclin will be long gone by 18. He's going to have an unreal combine which will make dopey owners like Al Davis drool over him.

I wouldn't mind Michael Clayton as a FA WR. Huge rookie year but has been inconsistent since. Ask a Bucs fan and they'll tell you he just needs a change of scenery.

Edited by whitesoxbrian