JOE.CREDE. = Twinkie

Kyyle23

http://cbs5.com/sports/joe.crede.offer.2.929605.html

The San Francisco Giants have offered free-agent third baseman Joe Crede a one-year contract, sources told CBS 5 on Saturday.

Financial terms of the offer were not immediately disclosed.

The thirty-year-old hit .248 with 17 homers and 55 RBI's with the Chicago White Sox last season.

A back injury limited Crede to 47 games in 2007 and 97 in 2008. But Crede's agent Scott Boras in recent days has proclaimed his client is now fully healthy and ready for spring training.

Boras has called Crede "a player of all-star caliber."

The Minnesota Twins have also expressed an interest in Crede, but there's been no word as to whether they have extended any offer to him

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
You son of a b****, beat me too it. I never get to break news (stomping my feet).

early bird gets the worm and all that stuff. I was actually surprised it wasnt here already, comcast sports was reporting it last night on Sportsnite

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
early bird gets the worm and all that stuff. I was actually surprised it wasnt here already, comcast sports was reporting it last night on Sportsnite

so what you are saying is the drunken coming home late bird even got the worm before I did

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
He was turning into an all-star calibur player before his back acted up again. I don't think he's healthy. I didn't even realize he's already 30. Best of luck to him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he rested at least all of this season.

Oh I would. Boras wants to get P-A-I-D and he is not going to unless Crede gets a contract

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
He was turning into an all-star calibur player before his back acted up again. I don't think he's healthy. I didn't even realize he's already 30. Best of luck to him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he rested at least all of this season.

He was and is a gold glove all-star caliber player

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
So in other words, he's a huge risk.

yessir, I do believe that to be correct. Especially considering he is only doing his first showcase workouts within the last 2 weeks.

And scouts are saying he only looks at 75%

As much as some despise Crede on here, let me ask you this question: Would you, like me, cringe to see Joe in a Twins uniform playing the Sox 20 times a season?

A healthy Joe playing against us?

Awful news for the Sox.

The guy is a clutch hitter and great fielder.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
As much as some despise Crede on here, let me ask you this question: Would you, like me, cringe to see Joe in a Twins uniform playing the Sox 20 times a season?

Awful news for the Sox.

Does not compute.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
How do you know he won't be healthy?

Because we've watched him from 2005 to 2008 and paid attention to his medical reports.

He might be effective as a platoon player. I just think it'll take a miracle to get him a single complete season with no performance losses because of his back. We haven't gotten that from him in like 4 years.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)

Awful news for the Sox.

I would literally hurl my morning bowl of wheaties and beer if that happened. Nothing would hurt more than to see Joe with the Twinkies