2009 Sox Photos

Heads22

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pics, thanks! funny blurbs from Oz today...

One of the most interesting things that occurs each day early in camp is Ozzie's meeting with the media. He was in form again today.

When asked about Carlos Quentin's 2008 performance and his chances of repeating it:

"Surprised. This kid wasn't even in the starting lineup on Opening Day. He works hard and it was his first full season in the big leagues. He really proved me wrong. Thank God he did. It shows that if you work hard and put the time in like he did, you'll get results.

"He's not the man on this ballclub," Guillen said, naming Konerko, Thome and Dye. "He's a big piece of the puzzle."

Yet again on the White Sox getting little respect:

"It's up to the players. I think we have a team that's good. If we stay healthy, we have a chance." (Sound a little like that bus scene from Bull Durham?)

On who impressed him on the mound yesterday:

"Gavin. He was amazing. And Danks. We had these guys throwing 96 next to Buehrle."

Contreras continues to draw comments based on his new physique and quick recovery from Achilles surgery.

"I'm not going to hold him back. It will be up to him when he gets out on the mound to throw. I talked to him today face-to-face, and he'll let us know when he's ready."

And talk of Contreras led to a question about Bartolo Colon and his physique:

"He weighed 350 pounds when he won a Cy Young Award. He's not a model. He's not a jockey. He's actually in better shape than I expected."

Closing Zinger

From a clubhouse smart-alek:

"I guess we missed Uribe so much that we brought one and a half of him back and called him Franklyn (as in German)."

Edited by The Ginger Kid