3rd annual Soxtalk softball game thread

southsider2k5

Its probably not too early to start the discussion on this stuff... This way we can get a good game again this year. It seems like between June and August is the best times, because the most people are around for it, so this is the Saturday games that are out there, which don't look to be instant sellouts.

June 6th vs Cleveland

July 18th vs Baltimore

August 8th vs Cleveland

August 22nd vs Baltimore

The other two options are a Yankees game (Aug 1)and a Cubs game (Jun 27) which will probably be difficult, if not impossible to get group tickets for.

Do people have feelings towards one day or another? We would like to get 15 to 20 people to commit to being there this year, that way we know even if there are last minute drop outs, we will be able to still play a game. I am also going to get ahold of WSI and see how they feel about the dates. We really would like to get a bunch of people out there for it this year. Hell if DBAH0 can make it in from NYC/Australia, and Gage can come from Cali, all of us people in the metro area should have no excuses! Come join the fun! Ask anyone who has played in this game the last two years, it is a great time.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
Am I actualy hearing things right??? You guys play an annual softball game every year??? If so, then I'm interested in playing if I have that day off work.

Where do you guys play at?

Any other information I should know?

Yes, we have played a game against WSI for the last two years. We play at the park directly to the south of the ballpark. Right now we are in the early stages of planning, but much more info will come together as we narrow the options. It has always been a Saturday, and we try to do it during the summer when everyone is home from college. We do an early afternoon came, followed by a tailgate and patio party.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
You don't have to play, you could still come, you know.

That's true, I suppose.

I do have a hard time watching softball, though - I don't even go to my old team's games. I always want to play, and I simply can't anymore because of my back. It really sucks. I used to play 6 nights a week when I was young and now it's over.

Getting old sucks - I don't recommend it.

I'm very interested and probable, seeing as how all these plausible dates are being presented so far in advance.

Why softball though? Could be hella more fun with a pearl... Why not?

*Chisox35: my home runs are like my children, and I name each and every one of them personally*

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Dude you should come just to watch me run,now thats comedy Mr. Funnypants.

If that's the case, we should just have a foot race and narrow the Funniest Poster 2009 competition down to a field of two right then and there!

I used to be fast, now my "S" is too big and the F-A-T have taken over.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
I'm definitely interested, and looking forward to more info. What is WSI?

WSI is White Sox Interactive, which is the other large independant fan message board out there. They are are "rivals" in a sense, though mostly in a friendly sense anymore.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
I hope you guys need a 6"2' 190 lbs. southpaw...because that's what I can offer you if I play. By the way, what is Soxtalk's history against WSI?

We won the first game, by a lot. 2nd game was so under-manned and rained out, that the teams were all scrambled.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
We won the first game, by a lot. 2nd game was so under-manned and rained out, that the teams were all scrambled.

Hopefully third year will be a charm and both teams will be full this year!

In all seriousness, it is an awesome time, and a great way to get past the constraints of a message board and have a great time. I totally recommend this. If you go to any game this year, make it this one.