3rd annual Soxtalk softball game thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
I'd be more than happy to play.

I'm not sure what positions might be available, but I'm probably a natural at 2nd base.

I would also be willing to pitch as a relief pitcher out of the bullpen. I'd be the closest you'd all have to having Ricky Vaughn on your team.

Alright so you can be one of the second basemen, but who will be the other one?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

August 8th is the OFFICAL DATE, for the WSI/Soxtalk softball game, part III.

All right gang, lets put together a big team this year! I know it might be rough, especially for those who are out of town, but I really would love to have as many of the posters here for the game.

Let's start getting firm commitments gang!!!

I will even start off the list...

Southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I envy everyone who will play. I was playing in a 12 inch slow pitch unlimited arc league in California the last couple years starting at 1st base through my 49/50th b-day until I was diagnosed with RA, had to quit but now its under control and I'm itching to play again. The composite bats they make today for 12 inch are unbelievable . You can hit the ball farther than you could in your prime with an aluminum or wood bat. It's been a while since I knocked around a 16 inch Clincher but if I could hit a 12 inch getting tossed 25-30 ft high I could hit a 16 inch lobbed up there easy. :P

August 8th is the OFFICAL DATE, for the WSI/Soxtalk softball game, part III.

Southsider2k5

Northsidesox72

Chisoxfn

shipps

kapkomet

The Beast

EDIT: What time do they play that day and where did you guys want to get seats?

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
Excellent numbers so far guys! Keep them coming! Even if we can get up to 15 or 20 people, everyone will get to play for sure.

I'm planning on being there, but I'll probably be a spectator unless a body is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we all supposed to bring our own bats? If so, are metal bats ok?

Are we gonna play with gloves, or barehanded?

If we're playing barehanded, then I don't want to play 1st base. Last time I played softball barehanded at 1st base, I sprained my left pinkie and couldn't write for a couple weeks.

Also, put me down on the list, but keep in mind that I might not be 100% certain that I'll be able to make it, but I'll really try my best.

And to follow up on the positions request from the poster above me, here's the positions I can play:

SouthsideDon48: 2B, SS, 3B, LF, RP (I throw right-handed).

Also, if it matters, I'm a switch-hitter. (However, I have more power right-handed, but better average left-handed, so pick your poison.)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Are we all supposed to bring our own bats? If so, are metal bats ok?

Are we gonna play with gloves, or barehanded?

If we're playing barehanded, then I don't want to play 1st base. Last time I played softball barehanded at 1st base, I sprained my left pinkie and couldn't write for a couple weeks.

Also, put me down on the list, but keep in mind that I might not be 100% certain that I'll be able to make it, but I'll really try my best.

And to follow up on the positions request from the poster above me, here's the positions I can play:

SouthsideDon48: 2B, SS, 3B, LF, RP (I throw right-handed).

Also, if it matters, I'm a switch-hitter. (However, I have more power right-handed, but better average left-handed, so pick your poison.)

Its 16" softball. If you bring a glove, you will be made fun of mercilessly.