2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
Poor Twinks. Two years in a row close but no cigar.

They didn't play quite as well at home the first half of this year.

their season isn't over yet. If they the last, then it's obviously over. All they can do from here is win out. If they win the last 4, Detroit has to beat the Sox once to force a playoff and twice to win the division. That means they have to beat the Sox in a series, and the Sox like to play well when they get eliminated.

Would like to see the Sox help out and beat Detroit.

I'd feel pretty good if I was Leyland, though. That split vs. Minnesota wasn't bad at all for Detroit.

Detroit averted disaster, though admittedly all of Motor City wishes the Tigers had wrapped it up at home today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
Blackburn and Grienke are in a nice duel on Fox. Grienke with one walk through 3 IP and nothing else. Blackburn is perfect through 4.

I can wait until the 7th inning...when there is a secret trade between the Royals and Dodgers...the Twins fans expect Yuniesky Betancourt to hit but then, wait.....THAT'S JIM THOME'S AT BAT MUSIC....bomb to center off of Blackburn, 1-0 Royals, Twins done for season.