ST Game 2: Sox @ Rockies (Tucson)

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
Its spring training. When was the last time the Sox had a spring training above .500? I can't recall.

oh god I was joking hahahaha, the fact that that was taken seriously is a testament to this wonderful board lol

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Floyd, Carrasco, Egbert, Broadway, Nunez, German all scheduled to pitch today.

i think broadway is a darkhorse to make the team as a long man in the pen this year....youd think the organization has soured on him as a starter, especially with poreda, marquez, richard on the way, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a guy who can eat innings for when Colon/Jose pitch...while keeping those other young guys as starters in AAA (or in the case of Richard as a lefty in the pen)

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
i think broadway is a darkhorse to make the team as a long man in the pen this year....youd think the organization has soured on him as a starter, especially with poreda, marquez, richard on the way, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a guy who can eat innings for when Colon/Jose pitch...while keeping those other young guys as starters in AAA (or in the case of Richard as a lefty in the pen)

Broadway might be somewhere between 8th and 10th on the starting pitching depth chart if Colon and Contreras are healthy. This is how I see things today. Broadway probably fits about the same spot, if not lower in the bullpen.

MB

Danks

Floyd

Contreras

Colon

Marquez

Richard

Poreda