2/27 Sox vs. Dbacks

daa84

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Heres a small scouting report on VB

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/playe..._Van_Benschoten

yeah hes really been hurt by injuries....as fathom hinted at he really should have been an OFer coming out of kent state...i believe he hit 35 HR as a senior (beckham led the country last year with 28)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 10:15 PM)
Stewart with a single to score Anderson 7-0

Sox catchers have been rockin this spring so far.

Hypothetically, if Stewart and Miller can both hit over .400 during Spring Training, would you keep both of them and then trade AJP?

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Hypothetically, if Stewart and Miller can both hit over .400 during Spring Training, would you keep both of them and then trade AJP?

no lol bcuz spring training doesnt mean anything. theyre facing pitchers that are rusty, trying to work on some things and scrubs

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)

Hypothetically and I do mean "Hypothetically". Without a doubt.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
no lol bcuz spring training doesnt mean anything. theyre facing pitchers that are rusty, trying to work on some things and scrubs

I just feel that a catching combo of Stewart and Corky would give you a .300 batting average and good defense. Of course, that .300 batting average accounts for Stewart batting .180 and Miller .120.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I just feel that a catching combo of Stewart and Corky would give you a .300 batting average and good defense. Of course, that .300 batting average accounts for Stewart batting .180 and Miller .120.

lol

7-0, end of 5th. nice job by the sox pitchers

Edited by Melissa1334

In all seriousness, I want Stewart to win the backup job. He at least proved he can hit lefties last season in the minors.

I'd go with Stewart as well, but its hard to pass up a man named Corky.

In all seriousness, I want Stewart to win the backup job. He at least proved he can hit lefties last season in the minors.

i dont think any of them will give u much offensively so i say go with whoever handles the pitchers best and does a good job behind the plate