ST Game: 3/02 Sox vs. Mariners (2:05 CT)

joejoesox

QUOTE (tommy @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
I couldn't watch the game today only saw the box.

Can we say that Josh Fields starts looking like a everyday 3B for this team?

He does actually.

And if Beckham continues to get at bats, its going to be hard to keep him off the major league team. Even his ground outs are impressive from a contact standpoint, the kid can f***ing play.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
He does actually.

And if Beckham continues to get at bats, its going to be hard to keep him off the major league team. Even his ground outs are impressive from a contact standpoint, the kid can f***ing play.

Hey, do you think Beckham can have a rookie mlb season comparable to Braun/Longoria/Bruce? Better? Worse?

:gosox3:

Just looking at the box score, when Viciedo goes to the minors he should start learning a new position, and get back to the club in August with Gordon.

And as I've said many times Clayton Richards is NOT a starter. Great long man out of the pen for sure. He's good for 2-3 innings then BOOM implosion. That spells Long Man to me. And a DAMN fine long man if I don't say so myself...

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
shouldn't we wait until he stretches his arm out a little/we're sure that perhaps he didn't start working on a pitch exclusively in the innings he got beat up in?

^^^^^^

Richard is working on his changeup.

If he throws it with the type of control/command he had in the minors, he'll do fine in the rotation.

If not, he probably should throw out of the pen until he gets it working.

(He already has good command of his fastball and slider.)

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
Just looking at the box score, when Viciedo goes to the minors he should start learning a new position, and get back to the club in August with Gordon.

And as I've said many times Clayton Richards is NOT a starter. Great long man out of the pen for sure. He's good for 2-3 innings then BOOM implosion. That spells Long Man to me. And a DAMN fine long man if I don't say so myself...

Ok, Bill.