ST Game: 3/02 Sox vs. Mariners (2:05 CT)

joejoesox

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
Yes. He's horrible. I don't even like him on CSN pre/postgame. You can tell he doesn't do his homework.

"Washburn had some kind of arm injury last year, don't know what kind it was but he missed some time. He should be healthy and much improved in 2009."

It took me 40 seconds to find Washburn's ailment. He missed most all of September with a strained abdominal muscle (Washburn's is apparently located in his left arm). Is it really that hard to do a little pre-game prep?

Nice recovery by CR.

Realistically, most of those balls in that inning could have been fielded. They would have been pretty good plays, but I think Beltre's past Konerko definitely could have been stopped...or if Fields had at least knocked down the double and kept it in the infield. Or if Getz had nabbed that liner. It's not like he was getting rocked, just bad luck compounding on itself.

"Josh Field"??

"Versatility with your knees?" You mean flexibility?

Not a productive out there Getz.

Edited by caulfield12

I must say, I'm loving DJ on the radio. We're getting the FOX Saturday broadcast DJ and not the yeehaw I grew up in New York but I'm talking like Hawk DJ.

I'm glad he's still around and I still get to hear his voice. He + Farmio is actually quite entertaining thus far.

Josh Fields looking like Carlos Lee on the basepaths. He just went too far around third, was caught napping a bit and the catcher threw behind him.

What the heck was he doing? He wasn't going to score from 2nd on a wild pitch...pretty horrific.

Wasted a leadoff double with poor execution by Getz and bad baserunning by Fields.

Bender with the fact of the inning. I had no idea Wasserman hadn't given up a homer in 57 career appearances. At least he's done some homework.

Melton wants the DP to get out of the inning and there's ZERO outs. He's managing to make Singleton look like a combo of Vin Scully and Ernie Harwell.

Edited by caulfield12

Melton: Alexei Ramirez was the best 2B in the American League last year. A young star.

Ummmm....maybe Bill, in the first half of the year, but definitely not over the full season.

Apparently the White Sox don't care if their pitchers give up runs at all...only if they have a good BB/K ratio. Good news, Bill.

And an error on Dye allowing the double. A woeful AA/AAA roster is dominating the White Sox (minus Beltre) and sending Wasserman to Charlotte again.

Is Melton serious? They're playing the infield in because they don't want to go down one more run (from five to six) and they have the offense to come back?

REALLY?

Carlos Quentin did a good job last year defensively (WHAT?) and he has the best pop-up/sliding catch that Bill has seen, lol. UGH!!!!

Don Wakamatsu is apparently a "good baseball man." Glad to think they might have hired a bad one was GM, but didn't. You would think Melton would be more familiar with him due to his White Sox ties.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Jerry Owens can steal lots of bases therefor he has "what it takes to be a leadoff man"

That's exactly what Bill Melton just said. How can anyone believe that s***?

That seems to be pretty close to the soxtalk definition of a leadoff man.

But then again maybe because i am not ''content'' with jerry owens as the leadoff man i need to find a new team to root for.

Infinity laughs....

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

I think it's the exact opposite. This board hates speed so much that having it is almost a negative.

(I'm a huge Owens hater though, FWIW.)

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)

But then again maybe because i am not ''content'' with jerry owens as the leadoff man i need to find a new team to root for.

Infinity laughs....

The consensus has shifted, seems like 90% of the board now hates Jerry Owens. It's fun being ahead of the curve.